eGunner

DUB

Has anyone participated in auctions on eGunner? Tell me about your experience. MY understanding of the procedure is: If my bid is below
the reserve,and I don't re-bid,I don't win,even if I am the only bidder.
Is this correct?

g.willikers

If there's a reserve price, that's always the case with any auction.
It might be called the minimum acceptable bid or the protect price, but that's what it means.

sgms

Yes, that is the case you do not win the auction. Reserve mean just that, it's a way for the owner to ensure he will not lose money if the item only get few low ball bids the owner has reserver the right not to sell his item if the bids do not rise to a preset minimum price. This is also true in a lot of live auctions.
Think about this way, would you want to sell your 98% colt 1st. gen. S.A.A. with a 4 figure actual value for only $150.00 just because only one guy bib on it with a very, very low opening bid.

I avoid auctions with a reserve. Some are absolutely ridiculous, but start from a reasonable price. Why have a dollar start with a $500 reserve?

Skans

Think about this way, would you want to sell your 98% colt 1st. gen. S.A.A. with a 4 figure actual value for only $150.00 just because only one guy bib on it with a very, very low opening bid.

The "Reserve" makes sense in a live auction, but is senseless in ebay and gunbroker type auctions. It's intended to get a flurry of people jazzed up about bidding on a unique item in the hopes that the emotional aspect of the auction will push the price over the reserve. There is no emotional aspect to online bidding, or if there is it is greatly reduced. People can simply have a starting bid set high enough so they don't lose the gun to low-ball bidders.