Eezox and blued guns

Servo77

How effective is Eezox at preventing rust when applied to black oxide. I am very interested in the ruger scout rifle but I am concerned about the fact it is a blued gun and I will be using it in rough weather.

sc928porsche

Blued firearms have never been a real problem for me when going out in inclement weather. Simply wipe down with an oily rag before heading out, and when you get back in, dry off with a towel and wipe with oily rag. Dont forget to run a few dry patches through the bore and then a oily one.

madcratebuilder

I've been using Eezox for about seven or eight years now. It is the best by far of any rust preventive or rust remover I have ever used. It also cuts cosmoline like nothing else I have seen.

I have converted several guys to Eezox. I demonstrated on their pristine guns that according to them were totally rust free. I would wipe down the exterior and it would bring up a trace of red on a clean patch.

Don P

Great stuff it is. I have found through time using it on the exterior and in my barrels that lead clean up gets easier each time I clean. Life is good with rust free guns

newfrontier45

In every test I've seen, Eezox has fared the best for corrosion prevention. Rust has never been a problem for me either and I've never used anything but CLP.