Eddystone M1917.........................

BCR1

Another mil-surp I picked up two years ago that has what looks like the original wood but w/o any stamps at all. Does that mean it never went through a re-furb?

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 187

Randy A

It has been through an Arsenal, if it hadn’t the colors on everything would be different than they are, all parts would be E eddystone marked and it would have the eagles head stamp on it. If void of any markings then it has been put in a replacement stock at some time. Now stocks were all over the market for years. Check your serial number and barrel date too.

highpower3006

Plus, it originally came from the factory with a blued finish. Your rifle looks like it is parkerizing, a sure sign of a rebuild.

BCR1

Winchester bolt w/flame bomb, Winchester nose cap. E and flame bomb 7-18 barrel, Eagles head on bottom metal behind the front action screw, E marked ladder sight, flame bomb on left side of receiver and the stock de-faced on the nose under the barrel.

The bore looks fine. 755*** serial# Finish looks like grey/green park. What would the value be on the piece in this condition?

Thanks,
Bill

highpower3006

I would place a value of $900 +/- on it. I know that some of the more experienced collectors will say that is too high and others may say that is a little low, but I have seen similar M1917’s sell in that price range recently.

BCR1

I would place a value of $900 +/- on it. I know that some of the more experienced collectors will say that is too high and others may say that is a little low, but I have seen similar M1917’s sell in that price range recently.
Thank you kind sir. It shoots very well for a 103 Y.O. rifle and I have less $ in it so I'm happy.

Bill