Eddie Eagle's Gun Safe Program reaches my daughter and her Class!

deerslayer303

My daughter came home from school Friday, telling me all about the gun safety program she learned in her Kindergarten class. She recited the steps to me. STOP! DON'T TOUCH, LEAVE THE AREA, TELL AN ADULT. I couldn't be more proud of her and her school for teaching the program. I have always talked to her about gun safety and she knows the rules of the house! But it still made me fell good that she is learning it in school also.

Yung.gunr

Wishing that was all they tried to teach at my Son's skool (spelling error intentional, it's a S hole). He came home one day telling me about their attempt at anti gun indoctrination, at least that was my take on it. They had "Firefighter Matt" tell them that all guns need to be unloaded and locked in a safe at all times, among other things.

My Son and I had a little chat to explain correct uses of a gun, correct gun handling and safety rules. One of the many chats on the subject.

LockedBreech

When I was 10, my NRA-sponsored Hunter Safety course took place in a classroom of my elementary school, with my mom teaching. Of course, I had already been shooting for years.

Wyoming, baby! :D

teeroux

I do walkthroughs in the local elementary schools while working on days. I saw flyers in one of the school hall ways saying that the 4H rifle club shooting day was rescheduled due to flooding at the range. There are some sane places still left. Mostly in the south.