EDC Primary revolver, anyone?

JERRYS.

who actually ccws a revolver as their primary EDC, winter, summer, be darned?
not I got one as a truck gun, or I have one in the glove box, or I drop one in the pocket for quick runs to the stop and rob, or I tuck one when I walk the dog or cut the grass.....

what's the gun, what's the holster, why did you pick it?

Last edited:

Cosmodragoon

My EDC changes with weather, wardrobe, and what I'm doing. In an average year, I'm probably carrying a revolver 50-70% of the time.

My most carried gun is an LCR 327. I carry it in an Elite Survival pocket holster. I keep it loaded with 85-grain Hydra-Shoks. That gives me six reasonably powerful shots and I can shoot them fairly well. It's comfortable and easy to carry. It's my default for warmer weather or when I'm feeling lazy.

zoo

In all fairness and for the sake of open disclosure though, it is what I also carry most other times as well. The holster is just so damn comfortable!

reteach

I do carry a revolver - an LCRX .327 - day in, day out, all seasons, probably 90% of the time I'm carrying.

Once in a while I will switch to a Glock 42 and, rarely, a Single Seven birdshead.

My thinking on the "it's just a quick run to the store" is, if it's good enough for that, it's good enough for any other time.

Wyosmith

I am about 50-50.
In times I want to go to the city I often carry an auto because it's more compact and hides easier.
But for my day to day, around the land here, and in the smaller towns I carry a revolver most times, but often I don't conceal it. Most times it's either a 4" 44 or 45, or a 6" 357, all N-Frame S&Ws

ms6852

I carry a 686+ with 3" barrel.
sixj5qzm.jpg

tubeshooter

I do. Have for years. Carried a Taurus 85 for about 20 years, then a Smith 642 for about 4 years. Currently carry a Smith 640. Still have all of them; never went anywhere.

I've always carried IWB at about 1 o' clock. Most of the time with a cheap generic nylon holster, but more recently with something made of good leather and a little nicer. I'd rather keep my pockets free for other things.

Why? I cast my lot with .38/.357 a long time ago. I like the platform. I will admit that sometimes the issue of capacity crosses my mind, but I haven't changed anything yet. I own a couple of semis and could carry them, but the small revolver is like an old and trusted friend. I may look into some of the newer and smaller 6-shot revolvers that are now available for carry (K6, new Cobra) at some point.

Cosmodragoon

I cant get elite survival to pull up. do you have a pic of your set up with the gun and holster?

I think the kids call this an "EDC pocket dump". Keys, wallet, and phone are not included. (I'll use the knife to trim that loose thread in a minute.)

This is the best pocket holster I've tried and it's surprisingly inexpensive. It does a good job maintaining orientation and breaks up the print a little. The outside seems to be a soft textured rubber and the inside seems to be smooth nylon. It protects the gun well enough and promotes a smooth draw. It's also pretty durable.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EDC Pocket Dump 2-12-20.jpg
    EDC Pocket Dump 2-12-20.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 833

Hal

S&W M69 2.5" barrel.. (L frame .44 magnum)
Galco H819T shoulder holster <--horrid uncomfortable expensive POS.

l.cutler

S&W 442 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I feel it is important to carry one gun and only one gun, practice with it until it is an extension of your own hand. After a lot of trial and experimenting I just feel this is the one for me.

mk70ss

Carried a Charter classic Bulldog .44 Special for a long time in an OWB leather DeSantis holster. Just recently bought a SA Hellcat compact 9mm for EDC. Never felt underfunded with the Bulldog.

Rob Petry

In light clothing (Tee Shirt) I carry an LCR in 38 SPL, with a speed bees speedloader in a pocket. A kydex IWB holster I got from amozon for like $20. at 13 oz, it barely feels like its there.

In any heavier clothing I like to carry my 3 inch GP100 357 in a De Santis leather thumb break holster on strong side and with that I use an HKS speedloader. It rides a little high, but conceals well because of that.

I don't hate semiautos, and own a few glocks, but I like revolvers. Don't really have a good explanation for why, I just like carrying a revolver.

jar

When I do carry a revolver as my primary EDC, and that's getting to be less and less often, it's most often in a shoulder holster.

standard.jpg

When the temperatures plunge down below about 60F/16C and it's heavy coat and parka time I'll use may old Hunter snap on/snap off belt holster or my Lou Alessi pocket holster.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

WheelGunMan

I carry a Ruger LCR357 as my EDC in rotation with a 3" LCRx357 because I shoot both well. I keep both loaded with ARX . 38 Spcl 77 grain.