Ed Brown "Wedge" Mainspring Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Lash

Has anyone tried this wedge style housing? It seems like it would help with a more consistent grip but I wonder about the feel of it with my Para 45. Any thoughts?

bk40

I've got the wedge on an STI .40 limited. I like the way it locks my hand in the same position for every shot. It took a little time to get used to it (I had always used flat ms housings before) but I prefer it now.

B. Lash

bk40: Do you find that it adds any additional bulk or thickness to the grip? My para feels good in my hand now so I don't want lose that feel.

bk40

It adds just a little towards the bottom of the grip (heel?). It did take several hundred rds to get used to. Shooting several thousand rds made me love it! My hands are not large and I was concerned about "feel" at first, but its turned out really well for me.

bald1

I installed a plain one on my Colt Mk IV and stippled it to match other surface work I've done. I much prefer the flat housing to an arched and have found the wedge to be better yet.

-=[Bob]=-

Keith Rogan

I've been using them for about five years on full sized 1911's and now, on a Kimber Compact. The wedge tends to drive your hand higher on the grip, its a very firm feeling as you shoot.
I wouldn't use anything else.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

45King

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of an arched MSH & a Wedge? I have always prefered the arched MSH; the gun seems to point more naturally in MY hand with it. I've considered the Wedge, but was wondering if it was going to feel radically different. Comments?

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Keith Rogan

Ricardo,

The wedge will not feel radically different. You won't even notice it until you start double tapping or shooting short strings. The Wedge really does (as advertised) tend to drive your hand into the highest possible grip and keep it there.

Its very comfortable and tends to minimize recoil by keeping your hand up as close as possible to the line of bore. It works for me anyway.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Futo Inu

Is this the same thing or different from a "bobtail" mainspring housing? What do youens think of the bobtail, if different?

Status
Not open for further replies.