ECI's

10-96

Has the color for Empty Chamber Indicators been standardized? Will either red or white ones be allowed?
I've been googling chamber flags and such, and find most are yellow- and average $9.95. Call me a cheap son of a gun, but I can make all sorts of those things with coffee swizzle sticks and duct tape for a whole lot less than $9.95 + whatever I get stuck with for shipping. I have red and white duct tape, and the local convenience store flat out just gave me a handful of coffee stirers.

kle

I use a length of red/orange weed-whacker line and a loose knot at one end for my ECI for Bullseye Pistol, and no range official has said anything against it. Like you, I don't really feel I want to pay $10 for a plastic doohickey.

4EVERM-14

A quick look at the highpower rule does not indicate a specific color. I have one of the first issued at the nationals which is red. Later versions are yellow. I don't think it matters as long as the device extends into the empty chamber and shows the bolt as open. Bright colors should be a better choice. kle's weedwacker line is generally accepted. Just put a wire nut on the end so it doesn't fall into the barrel.

David