EBR's are addictive........

rantingredneck

OK so I finally took the AR leap.

I decided to build my lower and buy a complete upper. I picked up a Tactical Innovations stripped lower from Cardinal Armory/Kotonics and dropped an Armalite LPK in it. Milspec carbine tube and M4 Fiberlite stock.

Picked up a RRA 16" Carbine A3 HBAR upper this weekend. OK I'm hooked.

I see a 20" in my future at some point.........

Soon.......

Oh, and I've got 690 bucks in the whole build.

rantingredneck

I'll have to find the camera and take some. Have no idea where the camera is at the moment.

I forgot to add that I'm using a bushmaster detachable carry handle as my rear sight. not looking to put optics or anything on it at this point. Nice and clean and simple.

SR420

tackdriver

What the heck is an EBR?
EBR = Enhanced Battle Rifle
SEI M21A5 E2 EBR

NightFighter.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Monkey

Can we stop calling them evil black rifles?? Seriously, we try to teach people why some guns are not "assault weapons" then we turn around and start calling them freaking evil black rifles.

Who ever came up with the term should be beat the crap out of.

MisterWilson

The term "Evil Black Rifle" is intended to poke fun at those who care too much about what they're called.

Whoever finds that term offensive should beat have crap of out.

P-990

I like the term EBR myself. Of course, I like to call them "rat rifles" too, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

And yes, this thread is worthless without pics!

rantingredneck, I am curious to know more, as I am considering putting together a lightweight AR by the election. Your build of around $700 is very attractive to my budget.

Oh, and before you flame me for "rat rifle" comments, I shoot a "rat rifle" out to 600 yards at Highpower matches. I have some respect for the EBR's capabilites.

rantingredneck

OK a pic.......

Managed to snap one picture before my camera battery died. Will get some more later once it recharges.

DSC00940.JPG

Of course one of my Evil Black Shotguns had to horn into the pic, Along with one of those dastardly semiautomatic/DCmachinegun handgun thingys.

Last edited: