Eastwood police shotgun

Harry Callahan

My buddy sold me an Eastwood police riot gun about 10 years ago. It's not in the best shape cosmetically but I paid 75 bucks for it back then. It has an 8 round tube which is nearly as long as the barrel and is a pump. I believe Eastwood may be a part of S&W but I'm not sure. Anybody have any info on this?

Dfariswheel

I "think" Eastwood was a name used for the S&W Model 916 shotgun.

The 916 was made for S&W but it's uncertain just WHO was the actual maker.
The 916 was a copy of the old Noble pump shotgun.

Unfortunately, the Model 916 was a major disaster for S&W and did serious damage to their reputation.

The bottom line on the gun was........ they broke.
It wasn't a matter of one or two parts breaking, it was EVERYTHING.
S&W was unable to "fix" the design, and they finally discontinued it as a lost cause.

The gun did such damage to S&W's reputation, that the company discussed actually buying the guns back.

Not every gun was a problem, but when they do break, they seem to take a hellish delight in just falling apart.
Repair a broken part, and something totally unrelated fails.

This left the 916 with a reputation among gunsmiths as something NEVER to touch.
A customer would bring in a gun with something like a broken extractor, and as soon as you replaced it, the action bar would break, or some other part would fail.

You'd repair THAT, the customer would pick up the thing, and after firing one shot, the trigger assembly would break.

So, as long as the gun is working, you're OK, but if it does break, be prepared for a series of trouble.

Gun Parts Corporation still sell parts for the 916.