Eastern Block Ammo Availability In Wartime

44caliberkid

So is Russian (Wolf and Tula) and ammo from other eastern block sources going to dry up during the current hostilities?

44caliberkid said:
eflyguy said:
You do realize it was already banned in fall of 2021?
I do recall that, but still seemed to be a lot in the pipeline. Odd choice of words I guess, since they’re banning pipelines too.
The ban allows [allowed -- past tense?] existing contracts to be fulfilled, so anything that was "in the pipeline" was allowed to flow, but future import contracts were prohibited. I don't know if all the then-existing contracts have now been fulfilled, or if there is still some ammunition coming in from those contracts.

Rockrivr1

A local NH gun store had a 3 year deal with Russian manufacturing for Golden Tiger 7.62x39 and import permits for another year. He got 5 pallets of it in before the fireworks in the Ukraine started and once the fighting started he sold out of everything he had left. He highly doubts he'll be getting any more ammo with his current contract. I'm sure all of it is going to the war effort.

If you didn't buy when you had a chance it's pretty slim pickings on Russian ammo right now. There are a few online distributors with stock left, but they are asking high prices and will get it. Russian ammo will be like golden nuggets per pew in the not too distant future.

Russian ammo will be like golden nuggets per pew in the not too distant future.

I don't see Wolf or the other cheap Russian ammo being more expensive than commercial American made ammo, except when it gets to collector status, a few people might pay for it. Otherwise, people buy it primarily because it is cheap, not because it is superior.