Eastern Bloc Pistols are spoiling me!

MilesTeg

Went to the range today and brought along 4 pistols (Kel-Tec P32, Khar P9, Makarov 9X18 and a CZ52). Here is what happened:

P32 - 200 rds with at least 1 stove pipe or fail to extract on every magazine (used 2 different mags). Ok, so it is the first 200 and there needs to be some break-in time. Maybe I need to do the "fluff and buff" :eek:.

Khar P9 - 250 rds with no failures but it previously took about 1000 rds and 1 trip to back to the factory to work out the issues
:(.

EG Makarov - 200 rds with no failures. In fact I have fired over 1500 rds in this pistol without any hiccups. It just keeps running and running and running..... :D

CZ52 - 200 rds today and about 600 altogether. Not a single problem today or since the day I bought it. Plus I still can't get the grin off of my face from shooting that beautiful (if in a strange way) piece of communist workmanship :D :cool:. Not to mention all the attention it draws and the requests to shoot it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with these Eastern Bloc pistols? I'm thinking that I might need to take look at the Tokarev or maybe a CZ83. Looking for suggestions!

BTW- Individually the Mak and the CZ cost less than the Kel-Tec and when combined they are still less than the P9. Inexpensive, reliable, accurate and extremely fun - not bad for some 50+ year old designs.

alamo

My EG Mak has been 100% for 300 rounds, need to shoot it some more.

Lightly grease the slide rails and hammer/slide interface of your P-32 & maybe a little F&B too & see if that helps.
See the "lubrication guide" at the P-32 link at:

http://www.goldenloki.com

revolvergeek

I know what you mean. My Mak just keeps going and going. This one has 650 rounds with 0 malfunctions.

May pick up a CZ52. Debating between it and another Makarov.

blarney

Though I consider myself patriotic enough to say "hell yeah" to Gryphon's post, I just finished an article about the Makarov and I have to admit that I am impressed. I've never taken a second look at that gun. It's always seemed to much like a PPK. However, now that i've fired a PPK and only wish it came in a stouter cartridge (my friends call .380 "anemic nine") I have begun thinking about picking up a Makarov. That American Gunsmithing article just about sold me as well.

Gino

How much would a Mak be if it was built in the "Free World"? Figure tooling up and production costs. My guess is that the Mak should cost $400! I still can't believe we can buy these for $150...

MedicatedOne

CZ52

I am interested in one of these. :D
Does anyone make any aftermarket stuff for them and has anyone got any chrono data on the 7.62 out of the CZ52?
Also, who makes ammo for this weapon? Any domestic or personal defense loads?

Thanks in advance,
MO :cool:

B Shipley

Makarov.com and J&G sales have goodies for them.

There are JHPs for them, but I haven't seen them. Russian probably.

AD1955

I have an EG Mak and a CZ52, neither of which has ever malfunctioned in any way, ever. I would never part with either of them. In fact the Mak, with Hornady hollow points, is an ideal every day carry weapon, extremely accurate, reliable, head shot capable.

marano

I love em.

I got three Mak's, two Tokarev's and a CZ-83 in 9x18. And there are much better guns than the 1911, thats just three of em.

hAkron

I've got a Russian Mak, a Bulgarian Mak, a Radom P-64, and a CZ 82. All are amazing and all of them were under $200. The CZ 82 is the most fun to shoot. The CZ 52's have a reputation for having brittle firing pins.

9mm

! I was reading and was like what!!! two CZ'S/oversea guns for less than a kel-tec!?!?!? I started looking at gunbroker, and saw $400 for the CZ85 Then noted thread is from 2001 -.-!!!!!!!!

Cheapshooter

Got a few, happy with all.
E. German Mak, Walther P1, Yugo M57, Romanian TT33, Polish TT33, Polish P64, CZ50, CZ52, CZ82, FEG P9R, and Springfield Arms (Croatian made) XD40 Sub Compact.
Oh, forgot, 1895 Nagant revolver.

I would say the Hungarian P64, and the CZ82 are a couple of the best surplus gun deals around right now.