Easter Blessings

LawDog

Staff Emeritus
And from the other side:

Blessed are the Peacemakers, For they shall be called The Children of God.

LawDog

G50AE

And for those who don't know Easter gets its name from the festival of Astarte, the Roman god of fertility. That is reason for the Easter egg thing. Roman's used to place eggs in their fields as an offerring to the goddess.

DaHaMac

Hoping that all of you at TFL have a Blessed Resurrection Sunday.

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." 1Corinthians 15:19-22 KJV

------------------
Know Yourself, Know Your Weapon, Know Your Enemy; then Know Victory! ---DaHaMac

ojibweindian

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3: 22-24

Wonderful news for the beleiver!

------------------
For God so loved the world that he gave his onlly begoten Son...

EQUALIZER

DaHaMac,

We studied that passage this morning in church. Reminds me of the fact that Christ is the only One Who proved the fact that He is the true Savior by His comming back to life even after the medical witness of an unbelieving Roman soldier having thrust a heavy headed spear up under the rib cage and through the heart and at least one lung. Out came the serum and blood clots that proved that He was already expired....

Now for the gun tie in.....That spear was one weapon for which Sanow would have put at the top of the OSS list. Left an entrance wound large enough to put a man's hand through (ie. Thomas).

I don't like these Renesance paintings of Him. Haven't found any that come close to doing the actual historical Jesus justice in they're description. They make him look whimpy.
Just a few observations relating to the topic, off the top of my head:

1. He was for the right to keep AND bear arms (see my signature).

2. He proved His love, even for His enemies, by His actions. He taught on grace AND justice; which is a major theme of the political forum here.

3. He will someday return to carry out justice to those who have hardened their hearts and committed genocide against His people. By doing so, he will rack up more kills than any of the great heros of all wars in history.

Never have I ever learned of a greater Man, nor of a greater God.

Jesus.....I salute You!

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)
---------------------------
"Reasonable gun law?............There's No such critter!" --EQ

[This message has been edited by EQUALIZER (edited April 23, 2000).]

duck hunt

EQ, I thoroughly agree with you about the renaissance paintings. What's with the blonde blue-eyed guy with the cute little button nose? I mean, it's Jesus of Nazareth, not Jesus of Netherlands!

My uncle found a great painting of Jesus where he looks, well, like my uncle -- wiry dark hair, big honkin' nose, olive skin. He hung it in the living room, even though he's Muslim, a) because he respects many of the teachings and b) because he was so glad to see a Semetic Jesus for a change. I don't know who the artist is, but it's cool to see a more accurate portrayal for a change.

------------------
*quack*

DaHaMac

EQUALIZER, AMEN!!!! Baruch haba b'shem adonai!!! "Even so Lord Jesus, come quickly" Ain't no rock gonna take my place \o/ Hallelujah.

------------------
Know Yourself, Know Your Weapon, Know Your Enemy; then Know Victory! ---DaHaMac

Herodotus

Duck Hunt, no matter where you go in this world, its hard for people not to think that God is a lot like them. Thats all OK.