Easiest gun to carry?

Radny97

I have a few guns that I carry regularly. But I’m a pretty tall guy with a flat butt. Makes hanging a gun on my belt tricky at times since I try to avoid plumbers butt.
So I’ve tried tons of different guns and holster combinations. I’ve tried pocket carry, cross draw, IWB, and appendix. In one way or another they all have their challenges. From finding pants or shorts with deep enough pockets to avoiding the obnoxious kydex appendix holsters that literally feel like a knife is sticking into my soft underbelly.
I still occasionally carry an alloy frame or polymer frame gun IWB (from a CZ to the new S&W CSX) or I’ll pocket carry a Ruger LCP2.
But far and away the most comfortable gun continues to be a j-frame revolver set deep at the pant level in appendix position. It just disappears. I’ll get frustrated with other forms of carry due to comfort issues, but the j-frame just feels like part of me and I forget it’s there.

Just wondering what’s the most comfortable carry gun and position for other folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenny53

For the most part I pocket carry a Ruger LCR, or an LCP, sometimes both. I also carry a M&P 9 IWB stuck in a kydex holster. It's not always comfortable but it always comforting.

jetinteriorguy

Of all the pistols I’ve tried over the years the LC9s has by far been the most concealable. My current CC is a Hellcat with a rubber grip sleeve. While not nearly as concealable as the LC9s it’s good enough, especially for the added capacity and better sights. I just wear my shirts one size larger and the Hellcat is fine.

CDW4ME

If I was focused on comfort, a PM9 in pocket holstered would be easy to carry and "comfortable".
However, the reason I'm carrying is in case I have to defend myself and just a pistol in pocket does not stack the odds in my favor as much as I'd like.
A Glock 19/17 AIWB offers advantages over just having a pistol in pocket:
-quicker to draw if we start with hands anywhere other than in pocket
-accessible seated, trying to draw from pocket seated, in a vehicle is not going to be quick, not quick enough for me.
-accessibility to weak hand; I can draw the Glock AIWB weak handed if needed; if I just had a gun in dominant hand pocket it would be comically slow to try and draw it weak handed.
I am sacrificing maximum comfort by having the Glock AIWB but I stack the odds in my favor in return.
I also have that PM9 in my weak hand pocket, affords the options of putting my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying and/or quick access with weak hand.

Nathan

From a pure comfort or ease perspective, my 340 carried low iwb in front of the hip is darn good….or just in front of my out seam.

My other easy is my cw380 in a pocket.

The Shield in right side iwb at the 330 is easy too….or better in my Ares Tactical shoulder holster. Really anything in an Ares Tactical shoulder holster carries well.

Dave Chuppa

J-Frame in my off hand front pocket, always. Most of the time another J-Frame or a Shield 9 is in the waist. That’s the most comfortable for me. Sometimes I’ll carry a XDM 3.8 in the waist. It’s OK but, if I have a active day it gets a little bothersome.

TailGator

My most common carry is a Glock 26 carried IWB at around 3:30 or 4:00. When that doesn't work, I pocket carry a Sig P238.

Strong side carry, at or a little behind the midline, is a carry method that has survived a lot of other fads, one that a lot of people keep coming back to. Nothing wrong with trying other things out, but for a lot of people it is the "tried and true."

A good belt solves a lot of carry problems. I am of the opinion that even pocket carry is more comfortable if my belt is stout.

You have to find what works for you, of course, but the above has worked for me and a lot of other folks.

Crankylove

Easiest for me to carry, is my NAA .22 mag in a pocket holster. Not an ideal defensive firearm, not at all quick to get into action, but, during working hours, it’s all I can get away with.

For post work hours, weekends, traveling, etc., my SP101 or wife’s J frame. I’m a smaller guy (5’ 8”, 135 lbs) so I have limited options to conceal a pistol. Usually IWB, at about 5 o’clock, but depending on clothing and activity, sometimes go for appendix.

Loose shirts, and a couple layers help, but I’m so damn skinny, I’ve really got to be conscious of attire and movements when I carry anything larger than my mouse gun.

mk70ss

Carry the gun you shoot the best with within reason. A carry gun is suppose to be comforting, not comfortable.

Radny97

Carry the gun you shoot the best with within reason. A carry gun is suppose to be comforting, not comfortable.

I respectfully disagree. If it’s not comfortable, the likelihood the average person will put it on every time they leave the house goes way way down. It’s an issue of practicalities.

TunnelRat

I respectfully disagree. If it’s not comfortable, the likelihood the average person will put it on every time they leave the house goes way way down. It’s an issue of practicalities.

I think “comfortable” is a term where the meaning varies a lot between people.

jar

Today it's my Colt Detective Special in an IWB kydex holster riding just behind my hip.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Seemore & Willy-small.png
    Seemore & Willy-small.png
    884.1 KB · Views: 739

ChimpMunk20

I think a Hellcat would be a good 4-season gun. It's not THAT much bigger/thicker than my XDs, and I cycle with my XDs - in shorts and a tank top. Hunched over to reach the bars on my mountain bike. And nobody (including the MD Park Police officers I spoke with the other day, just shooting the breeze while I sipped some water and took my pulse after a big hill climb) notices.

Bill DeShivs

The easiest gun to carry is a .22 short NAA mini revolver.
The easiest PRACTICAL gun to carry would be the Keltec P32.
Next would be the Keltec/Ruger, etc .380 autos.

Radny97

I had a p32. It would have a failure every other mag or so. So I upgraded to the LCP2

Spats McGee

Administrator
I'm average height, and slightly pudgy. Most of the time, I carry a Shield Plus in an OWB leather (DeSantis Speed Scabbard), with a couple of spare mags on the weak side. That's the most comfortable setup for me. I have pocket carried a Ruger LCR on occasion, but I've got so much other junk that I need to carry in my pockets . . . . I have to move everything to the other pocket, and then both of them bulge, one with the revolver, the other with keys, knife, etc.