EAA Witness Sights

I'm interested in the Witness line. I do need to find one I can try before I buy, but I'm curious as to the sights.
Most listings I see say "fixed sights", but at least on the rear some are obviously dovetailed. Whatever model I end up getting, I can imagine that at some point I will want to upgrade the sights. Therefore getting a model that allows for an upgrade is important.

Can someone tell me which models would allow for sight upgrades and/or how to determine that for myself?

For example, are the sights on the following model upgradable? http://grabagun.com/eaa-witness-45acp-bl-w-22lr-conv-kit.html

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

railroader

The model you linked to has a front sight that is part of the slide and isn't dovetailed. You need to move up to at least a match model to get front and rear sights that are dovetailed.

mmb713

railroader is correct, the front sight on that pistol is integral with the slide. The rear sight is dovetailed and is drift adjustable, at least my two polymer Witnesses have rear sights that are. Witness Steels have the same sights as the polymers. The Matches and the other Elite series pistols come with fully adjustable rear sights and the front sights are replaceable. I have not looked into it but I think (you will want to double check me on this) that you can replace the rear sights on the base Witnesses with fully adjustable LPA rear sights. Check Midway's website. The front sight, however, is what it is.

The page you linked to has an incorrect picture for the pistol described too. The 45 Auto Witness with conversion kit is a blued Steel model, not the polymer pistol shown. Here is a better picture of the gun you are looking at. And a better vendor to buy the gun from. Lifetime warranty...

Last edited:

Skans

I have the Tanfoglio Stock and the front sight is easily removable - there's a milled recess in the front of the slide and the front sight is held in place with a screw. I have a fiber-optic front sight on mine. Rear Sight is fully adjustable.

I believe that the Tanfoglio Elite Limited, Stock, Stock II, Hunter and Match pistols all have the front dovetail cut. Check out Henning before you decide on which Tanfoglio to purchase: http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

Thank you all do much for the input. I do like that model. It's a bummer that the front sights aren't upgradable. But I also like a couple of the Stock models and I really like the Hunter. I guess now the thing will be to find one I can try before I buy.

Thanks again,
Andrew

UncleEd

Andrew,

I'm just curious as to why the EAA line and not the real deals CZs, i.e. the CZ 75B? And I think the CZ models are a lot more readily available in gun stores.

Price?

Yes, price is really the only factor. If I can swing the real thing then I'll get it in a heartbeat. (I have three CZ rifles.) But I'm not of a pistol shooter. I'm MUCH more of a rifle guy. I've heard such good things of the Witness line that I suspect it will suit my needs fine.