EAA Windicator 357....?

Eric Larsen

I read up on this little snubbie alittle....3 locking pins, firing pin block...etc etc etc. I am just curious if anyone has EXPERIENCE with one of these little 357's. The write ups dont sound bad....
And my barbers kids dogs uncles friends neighbor already told
me to stay away from them...LOL :D
Shoot well

22lovr

Yes, I've owned two of them......

I've owned two of these: one in .38 spcl and the other in .357 mag. The .38 spcl featured adjustable rear sights and was one of the most accurate, easy-to-shoot guns I've ever owned. They each hold six rounds.

Other than the trigger not being radiused, I think with the weight and the excellent molded rubber grips, it is one of the more comfortable revolvers to shoot. Single action is very smooth and predictable; double action is a little gritty but nothing distracting.

They are made in Germany by H. Weiruch and honestly, I can't fault the fit and finish a bit.

Both are as reliable as night and day and very easy for any novice or expert to shoot well. They're a bit heavy and large for carry (the .357 mag is about 32 oz) but unbeatable for a home defense or glove box piece.

I'd recommend them highly to anyone who wants an inexpensive but good quality revolver in .38 or .357. I shot a ton of rounds through each and they always locked up tight and did not display much gap flash.

You can probably pick up one NIB for less than $200 and a good used one for a lot less than that.

Eric Larsen

I appreciate the reply....Im doing a "cost effective 357 comparison"..maybe Rossi, Charter Arms, Windicator etc.....
Just for my own curiosity...I may be in the market for a good snubbie. I have owned an sp101, taurus and rossi...all good guns. The Rossi shot as well as the sp101...says alot. There are some real bargains out there on great little guns....keep the info coming...thanks
Shoot well

Tropical Z

I love my 4".357mag windicator so much that just last week i brought in a 2" .357mag to go with it.These are very comfortable revolvers to hold and shoot.I should say the 4"is comfortable to shoot,as i haven't had a chance to shoot the 2" yet.For the money,they are absolutely a steal and i think they are exceptionally high quality for their price range.I have shot my 4" back to back with a friends S&W 686(?)4".357mag and would take the EAA over the S&W in a second.My friend was also very impressed with its performance and wants to bring one in.The only bad thing about them is finding someone who has them in stock when you want one!

Molly

Well this is a few months late, but...

I bought a Windicator 38 Spl. one day because it was the only gun at the show whos seller was willing to give a decent trade allowance on an old junker I had. It turned out to be one of those great secret finds. It shoots so well, and is SO accurate. I even went so far as to get help from some range members to figure out how I could shoot better with it than with many other well-known brands of revolvers and autos. I never got a good answer, but the fact is, that it just shoots great. It has adjustable sights, no blemishes in quality, feels great, and will be staying with me.

I will admit it has a bad DA trigger, and the SA is not as good as a S&W, etc but it still shoots wonderfully. Also, it has some strap-cutting that appears to be a little more than some of the other guns I have, but that is probably due to the fact that the 38 model is not all steel, but alloy and steel framed.

I will be keeping this one, and will even pick up another next time I see one.

Doug S

A friend of mine recently bought a Windicator in 357. He bought it because he wanted a cheap car gun. We recently took it to the range for the first time, it functioned perfectly. The trigger wasn't bad. It looks like EAA takes a four inch barrel and just cuts it down to two inches. The cut is pretty rough, but at $195 it seems like a pretty good deal.

braindead0

I wrote a pretty big and I think objective article on a 2" .357 Windicator I recently purchased... http://www.handloads.com/articles/windicator/index.html

I found that I had to do some grinding work on the trigger to make it smooth. I also had to grind down the blast shield a tiny bit so that ammo would eject properly (if the cylinder is in the right position, one cartridge will not eject).

Overall for a 'value' gun, I love it. This is my primary IDPA gun for now, and it functions perfectly.