EAA or Taurus Mil Pro 45ACP

EAA or Taurus Mil Pro 45ACP

• EAA 10+1 45acp in the stainless wonder finish

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Taurus 10+1 poly frame stainless steel slide.

Votes: 38 54.3%

• Total voters

45reloader

Just for fun since both of these guns are in the lower price range when it comes to the 45ACP.
The EAA would be the 10+1 45acp in the stainless wonder finish
The Taurus would be the 10+1 poly frame stainless steel slide.

MikeRussell

EAA.

Why? Because they're good pistols and you can always get the conversions to be able to shoot it in other calibers. So, that means you could have a 9mm, .38super, .40smith, 10mm, and .45acp all in one pistol. ;)

L_Killkenny

I voted EAA. Why? I had a EAA but have zero experience with the Taurus.

My .45 Witness was a polymer frame model. Using Winchester white box ammo or other cheap ammo it functioned "ok" and was "minute of pie plate" accurate at 15 yards. When I switched to my reloads it functioned great and shoot even better. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it.

The other reason I vote EAA is I "think" it's the cheapest .45 to start a custom project or for a race gun platform. There is ton's of options available.

CB

kristop64089

I voted eaa , it will be one of my next purchases (in 10mm) but you do get the option for all the calibers in one gun.

There CS is rumored to suck, but if they build a good gun, who cares.

C-grunt

My Witness 9mm is an awesome gun. If the .45 is anyhting like the 9mm version, it will be a great pistol.

MPanova

I vote for the Taurus. I have the PT145 and it feels great in my hand and shoots great too. The only 2 EAA pistols I have ever held and shot did not fit me at all

xrocket

Hi ... Taurus Mill PT145 Pro gen3 is a great gun for less than $350. Also has extra features that the EAA doesn't have. My son shot both my S&W 645 and the Mill 145 in an extended range session for the first time Saturday. At 7 yards he consistently scored higher with the Taurus over the S&W. Funny thing is the S&W has a 2.25" longer barrel and weighs more. His comment was The Taurus "just felt more comfortable".

kirkcdl

I have both,and there's a substantial size difference between the two,but they're both very reliable pistols.If you want the possibility of concealed carry figured in,go with the Taurus.If it's just an all-around fun gun,and not for carry,go with the Tanfoglio(EAA is just the importer)...I shoot my Tanfoglio in IPSC,and I carry my PT-145 daily...:rolleyes:

Taurus_9mm

Though I'd like an EAA something-or-other at some future point, I'm voting for the PT145. While never having owned one, I've read mostly good things in regards to them from owners on various forums. My track record with Taurus has been 100% as well so that was another consideration. :D

gandog56

Who was it who's signature says "The only plastic that should be near a gun is a credit card?

EAA man, Heard many bad things about Taurus semis, but their revolvers are a different story.

Last edited:

Manedwolf

Bad things about Taurus semiautos? Uh..was this decades ago?

The 24/7 got 2005 Gun of the Year, and the 24/7 OSS just went through a 60,000 round torture test without a problem.

I have a PT745, the singlestack version of the 145. Love it. Accurate, reliable, solid in the hand.

I also have an older PT92 that just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

xrocket

Opinions on "What I've heard" are worth about Zip. Tell the man what you know from experience. At least that has some value.

Slugthrower

If Taurus makes the of that 809 with a steel frame assembly it would be worth considering.

I had a Taurus Mill Pro PT-140SS 2nd Gen. The aluminum frame assembly was showing signs of wear way too soon. That was enough to not keep it for me, otherwise it was a good pistol.

Don't have any experience with EAA pistols, so my opinion is nil there.

Steel slides banging up against aluminum just isn't good enough for a pistol that will be shot often. Does anyone know if the frame assembly on the 809 is aluminum or steel? The frame is plastic, which isn't a problem, the material used for the frame assembly is IMO.

Will they make the 809 in a compact version like the Mill Pro and will they make it in .40 S&W?

Ace_Breaker

Taurus PT145

As I stated on another thread, my new Taurus PT145 fell apart on me while shooting it for the first time at the range. It jammed several times before having the ejector pin pop up out of the slide, spring went flying, ejector came off. The weapon had been properly cleaned and lubed prior to shooting it for the first time. Wish it had worked, felt great and looked good, but performance was terrible. It shot 6-8" low, spread out, from 10 feet! My CZ punched holes in the 10 ring so it's not shooter error. This is the 3rd Taurus out of 3 that needs to go back! I'm done with them. You seem to get what you pay for with them.

stephpd

eea or taurus

I voted taurus since I own one and haven't had any problems.
Never heard of eaa till now so I googled it. Noticed it was a full size auto and $100 dollars more. And what is a wonder finish? Nickel plate?
Might be a good gun, I just don't know.

Love the pt-145. Smaller lighter and real stainless steel all for under $350. Shoots better then I can aim, no jams or ftf's with over 1000 rounds it's just getting past the point be breaking in and it's so cute:D

Dallas Jack

I've owned both and I think they are both good guns. The Witness was too heavy for CCW, in my opinion, which is what I wanted it for. The PT-145 is both lighter and smaller (I had the compact Witness) than the Witness. I voted for the PT-145 but I was just as happy with the Witness. Just couldn't use it for CCW.
I did use a Witness .40 cal compact to qualify for CCW and it shot great. In my opinion the Witness is a better range gun. Soft shooting and accurate.

PT-145
Nov232005053b.jpg

Witness .45 compact
DSCF0060.jpg

Dallas Jack