EAA Hunter

comn-cents

Anyone out there have an EAA Hunter in Camo. & 10mm.

Do you Like it?

How accurate is it?

Would you buy one again?

Have one in sight and looking for your thoughts.

Thanks

Sevens

I know there is a somewhat regular contributor to our discussions on here recently that has one, in 10mm. If you run a search in the semi-auto forum for EAA and 10mm, I'm sure it'll return the thread with him in it.

For my buck, I've been pining over an EAA Witness Elite Match in 9mm. As best I can tell, it's one level under the Hunter model. IMO, it's a damn good looking pistol and all the user reviews I've read on the subject seem to say "whole lotta gun for little money."

You say you have one in sight... an actual one or just the hankering for one? I mean, does a local shop have a new or used one sitting on display that you've visited? Honestly, the shops I frequent don't typically carry the brand, so I don't often see them up close and personal.

I have two 10's right now, so I don't really see a need or want for another... well, at least as much as some other calibers. I'd like a nice, slick shooting, nice trigger and accurate 9mm range toy. Not carry, not defense, not hunting, not competition, but something to plink and better my skills on the range with. And the Witness Elite Match just looks GREAT to me.

comn-cents

Yes there is a used one in a local shop. Nice trigger, feels great in my hand and great price.

I looked on other threads but didn't see anything about the Hunter.

I like the round and think it will be great for a woods gun.

Thanks

Sevens

What's the price (if you don't mind sharing) ?

Know going in that while there are a few options for factory ammo, this is a handloader's cartridge. Most of the mainstream companies ammo is weak and watered down in 10mm, and there are many threads on that subject if you don't know why that is. Buffalo Bore, Cor-Bon and Double Tap make full powered 10mm loads. Winchester's 175-gr Silvertip is also. I'm not sure about Hornady's. I know that Federal and Remington's limited bit of factory 10 is weak. Georgia Arms is likely the premier (only?!) supplier of factory reloads (remanufactured), or maybe that is new? I don't know. Folks seem to be happy with it, I've never used it.

But compared to 9, .357, .40 and .45, just make sure before you buy that ammo is a different ballgame with 10mm. No reason to skip it, but know before you add this caliber.

comn-cents

Thanks for the ammo info. I am familiar with the round and think it's one of the better woods rounds out there. Works well for 2 footed critters also.

The gun is in good condition with a few cosmetic dings in it but very solid, asking $350. It was hard to leave in the shop for that price but I was afraid of the evil EAA frame cracking happening.
That’s why I was looking for input here. But if no one has one or is to embarrassed to say maybe i should pass.

I've looked at the mini Glock in 10 but just doesn’t fit my hand. I shoot them well but just not thrilled to own one.

Thanks again

Ocraknife

I paid $849 for a Dan Wesson Bobtail last year, all stainless, no MIM, Ed Brown parts.

<edit> I just noticed you you'd saw one used for a good deal. I don't know the difference between the regular EAAs and the Elite models. I do know that the Elite Hunter lists for $1,000 or so.

Is it just for backup or are you planning to take deer with it? The only reason I ask is because I'd like an EAA 10mm too and from what I can tell the Witness Elite Match is pretty similar to the hunter and about $350 less. That said it isn't tapped for optics, nor does it have the premium barrel but if you aren't planning on long shots it might be an option.

comn-cents

Thanks for the info

I was planning on using it as my hunting gun. I haven't hunted in about 10 years and I remember caring a pistol is much easier than a rifle. I don't take long shots and I'm patient.

Thanks Again

hardluk1

Check in the states your going to hunt in and see if there are any barrel lenght minimums. I have a witness match and NC requiers a 6" barrel ,mine is 4 3/4". If no problem with barrel lenght get the match,great shooters. Check around bian enos forums for eaa guns ,maybe some help there. I do kanow that some guys are pulling the spacers in the 40s&w mags and loading them longer and hotter along withup to 220 grain bullets.

sawrecker

the hunter is a 6 inch barrel I believe. they have not been making them very long so the frame cracking should not be a problem with this newer model. The price sounds fantastic, the hunter is a 800.00 gun new.

Mello2u

I have the EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm auto. It has a 4.75" barrel unlike the Hunter which has a 6" barrel.

I find the pistol to be well made, reliable and accurate for the short time that I have had it. I have only fired it about 50 times.

I do have one criticism. It has many sharp edges that can cut you, your clothes and holsters. Some careful deburring would make this pistol much more user friendly.

crghss

I had a EAA Witness 40 S&W

It was a very nice weapon. Hundreds of rounds through it and no problems, nice tight action. I would not hesitate to by another EAA.
Sold it to get money for a .41 mag, still looking.