Eaa Ea22T.22lr target pistol

dr.magnum

I recently won an auction for this pistol. It was sold by EAA in the mid nineties. I assumed it was made by Tanfoglio, but looking at it, it is exactly like the Beretta model 70 target pistol. It has the 6 inch heavy barrel, all the buttons and pins are in the same place, contours are the same, etc.
Did Tanfoglio and Beretta have some partnership, or is this just a very close copy?

Nimble1

Tanfoglio Gt22t

I have a TANFOGLIO GT22T pistol that I have had for a number of years. I purchased it new and have put quite a few rounds through it. I believe its the same gun that you are taling about. I will try to get a pic of it to post.

Nimble1

This it??

IMG_0650.jpg

dr.magnum

Mine has a full underlug, shrouded barrel, bigger grips, but obviously built on the same frame.
How has yours performed? Is it ammo sensitive, can you shoot std. velocity and high velocity? Any feeding or ejection problems?
I'm off work tomorrow, so, weather permitting, I plan to go out and play with mine. If I can get my daughter to help I'll try to get pics of mine up. Thanks.

Nimble1

Well

To be honest, its been kind of a "safe queen" for a few years. It was in the box in the back of my safe as I have not had easy access to a good shooting spot for a while. As I recall it could be picky with ammo as are most 22's. I seem to remember that Mini-mags shot well and perhaps the Remington Golds. It was pretty accurate as I used to do alot of squirrel hunting with it.When I was using it regulary, I put quite a few rounds through it though.

Tom