DW revolvers return?

stevieboy

I was idly scanning the gun rags in my local Barnes & Noble today when I saw in one of them (can't remember which) a little article which said that CZ/Dan Wesson would be reintroducing the Model 15 .357 Magnum revolver, complete with interchangeable barrels. Is this news only to me or have others heard of this?

Last edited:

wdelack

This rumor has been floating around for over a year now. If it's hitting the mainstream media then maybe the rumor is getting a little closer to reality.

Charger Fan

Great plan, I will go by my local B&N soon & see if i can find the magazine too...this is GOOD news!:) I would LOVE to see the model 15 revolver make a comeback.

254.jpg

a31.jpg

gearchecker

Go to just about any large gun show and you'll see 1, 2 or possibly more of the complete pistol kits with all 4 barrels, the belt buckle and the carry case for around $900 - $1000 and they'll be never fired NIB in either the .22 cal or the .357 Magnum. I've seen 4 complete sets in the past 3 weeks. One seller offered to sell me his .357 magnum set for $850, but I didn't have that much in my pocket at the time. I'll see him at the next gun show for sure.

You can find the kit on GB for around the same amount of money.. Why wait for a new model to come out when you can buy existing stock for less $$

Best of luck waiting for the new set.

Charger Fan

I wish I could find multiple Pistol Pacs at my local gun shows. If I'm lucky enough to find DW's there, they are usually single guns, almost always beat up & way over priced.

Sport45

I hope if they do re-introduce them they'll be true to the old design. It would be nice if barrels and shrouds interchange with the old models.

Baba Louie

Well, here's to hoping that CZ/DW does decide to get back into revolvers and that they don't price them outta sight ala pristine Python/2010 DW prices, because that'd be a shame (maybe) if they can't compete w/ S&W and Ruger... both of whose prices have naturally risen over the years.

I can't imagine that new CNC machinery or design/setup/QC would come cheap however, so a $1000+ slightly used pistol pack picked up today might be a bargain.

Venom1956

yeah I would love to see DW comeback but I can't see how they can make a 15 at the GP-100s price without making cutbacks in quality somewhere?

armoredman

Little bird said barrels and shrouds will interchange, and CZ apparently may still have some of the older stocks of those items still. No Pistol Pacs, due to cost, but the revolvers are back, as of this catalog. I haven't seen the new catalog yet, should arriving this week. :)