DW CBOB vs Pointman 7 accuracy?

Jayhawkhuntclub

I know this question kind of leads to a subjective response, but... In the hands of an average shooter, how much difference in accuracy do you think there would be at 25 yards between these two?

michael t

If your talking SD not enough to worry about Target shooting I say Pointman wins,. Again will be close . My CBOB is my most accurate 1911 My Colts or Kimber out of box can't touch .

RJM

I have both and the Pointman is a slightly more accurate shooter in my hands. The trigger is lighter than the CBOB and the sights are better for target shooting for my eyes. The difference is slight though and really only apparent at 15 and 25 yards. The CBOB comes out of the holster a bit better, the front strap checkering gives a bit more postitive grip (the pointman has checkering on the rear and not on the front but for some reason the front strap checkering really feels a bit more positive) and the night sights are easier to see at night inside the house.

For target shooting, the Pointman is the one to have.

DanWesson2.jpg

bluetopper

3/4" longer sight radius and barrel plus adj. sights.........the PM7 has it.

The Cbob was meant for conceal/carry, although extremely accurate in its own right.

The PM9 in 9mm is right up there with the PM7 too.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Anybody else? I'd really like some more detailed responses if possible. Are we talking about 2" groups vs 4" groups or 2" vs 6" or 8" or....?

I'm really torn on these two guns. I like the CBOB, but I don't want to give up any accuracy. Thanks!

If you are shooting off hand and know how to properly use your sights you will probably not notice any difference at all. The only thing that would make a difference at these lengths is the sight radius. If you bench tested them both you would probably get almost identical results. My CBOB shot a group the size of a quarter at 25 yards from a gun vise.

Most of the custom makers will tell you that they get identical results accuracy wise from their 4" and 5" models.

rellascout

The biggest difference will be in the shooter not the gun. Both are mechanically more accurate than 95% of shooters can shoot off hand.

Get the one that fits your hands.

RJM

The biggest difference will be in the shooter not the gun. Both are mechanically more accurate than 95% of shooters can shoot off hand.

Get the one that fits your hands.

This is a correct statement. Mechanically, they are both so close to identical any accuracy difference is almost non-existent and really irrelevant. I would say get the one that fits your hands, but also I would say get the one that has the better sights for you. Some like the combat night sights and some prefer the adjustable target sights. I prefer the target sights for a purely range gun. The thick black post in front is much easier to use at the range for me than the three dot night sights, plus they are adjustable for your hold/technique/eyes. The extra 3/4 of an inch also helps with sight alignment.