DUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

PoorRichRichard

So... As abhorrent as I may sound to most of you, I choose to reside in Southern California. I have recently become an avid wing shooter, and bird hunting is basically the greatest thing ever as far as I am concerned:D DUCKS ARE ARE RAD! I live on the southern edge of the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains in Sunny San Bernardino CA, and most people dont know what a great place it is to hunt dove an Califonia Valley Quail- Less than a mile drive and a 1/2 mile hike for some great foothill hunting/hiking, but nowhere near anywhere close to ducks. Never seen a duck in flight outside of areas I hunt over 90 miles from my home.

Anyway, today I'm sitting in my cool little 1950's tract home backyard watching humming birds dive bomb each other with a brewskey in hand enjoying life. I just happen to look to the south-west, and I see a fricken duck hauling' a$$ through the beautiful sun-setting background!!! Not much for most, but it was a special moment for me in my new home:) Also just found out the new wife is preggers after our first try:cool: Life is good.

Fishing_Cabin

Congrats on all accounts!

If you ever get over to the east coast, drop some of us a note as there are some really good duck, dove, and many other flying critters to enjoy hunting.

Uncle Buck

...and most people dont know what a great place it is to hunt dove an Califonia Valley Quail-

They know now,, you just gave the secret away. :D

...watching humming birds dive bomb each other with a brewskey in hand enjoying life.

I always hated it when those hummingbirds would throw their empties...:p

Sorry, I had to. Well, OK I didn't, but the thought of hummingbirds drinking while flying struck me as funny.

People wonder why I live where I do. Driving 40 ~ 60 miles for "Cultural events" and not being able to go anyplace except Walmart after 8PM... Well, you just answered it. Your own little slice of heaven right in your own backyard. Most people spend a lifetime looking for a place they love.

Also just found out the new wife is preggers after our first try Life is good.
Congrats.

AllenJ

Also just found out the new wife is preggers after our first try

Congrats

DUCKS ARE ARE RAD!

Yes they are and you live in a great state to hunt them. Your problems is you'll need to drive 8 hours north for some of the best waterfowl hunting there is. Sacramento Refuge, Delevan, Little Dry Creek, Gray Lodge, Howard Slough are all great places to hunt, when you can get on:eek:

FrosSsT

Alot of people judge that state based on laws. california is a beautiful state, it just has ugly gun control laws.

birdshot

Imperial Valley

I have seen alot of ducks in the irrigation canals and in the Salton sea. I know in El Centro area there was a duck hunting club that flooded acreage and had some good hunts. This was 30 years ago, should be more ducks now.

noelf2

You shoot ducks? Heck, in Northern VA you get them with a 9 iron...:D

Congrats on the future tax payer... We need more of 'em. ;)