Dupont HFg Powder ,usage

Howard31

Have a very old unopened 1 # can of Dupont HFg , Does anyone have any reloading data for it. I can find nothing anywhere on what it was used for. Is it Rifle , Pistol or Shotgun Powder ?

LE-28

I don't know what the op has for sure, the H in HFg is throwing me off and I can't find a reference for it.

The picture I posted is a can for sale on Ebay and is 1924 script so it may not even be close to the year his was made.

Howard, can you post a picture of your can?

LE-28

That would have to worth much more as a collectors item, especially if it's un-opened.

Black powder isn't that expensive, I wouldn't open that for anything, it may be worth a small fortune to the right person.

Howard31

HFg Powder

Jimro , The can I have has the same label as the one in the link you posted . However the can I have is taller 6 1/4" compared to 5" and mine does not have the musroomed cap . The cap looks like the one in the photo posted by LE-28
LE-28, The label on the can I have is almost identical to the pic you posted but for the small white rectangle at the bottom that says E I Dupont DC Nemours & CO inc. The label definately looks like HF or IF
I have trouble posting photos

1 F Black Powder would be rather course , certainly not superfine. I guess we can state for sure that it is Black Powder.

Last edited: