Dumbest No Guns Sign Ever

Musketeer

So I am travelling and enter one of the bars in Sea-Tac Airport in WA. Greeting me upon enterring the bar (well within the secure area) is a sign stating it is illegal to bring a firearm into the bar.

I can't help but wonder what type of a problem they must have had before the sign...

pax

The sign is required by law. It's tied to the liquor license, not to the location of the business.

pax

44 AMP

Staff
Exactly....

Every bar and tavern in Washington has a sing in it somewhere (usually near the entrance) stating that firearms are prohibited on the premises. It isn't just the airport bar, it is part of the state law.

Wildalaska

So if you get past the secure area with your gun you are not supposed to have, you can't bring it in the bar.

I can dig on it :)

WildilovesignsAlaska TM

luv_jeeps

Gotta leave it to the state folks to put laws into effect with weird restrictions/rules that make things seem way out of place.

A few years back, here in the back woods of florida, I went to a bar, and was met at the car by a hooker, went in side saw a sign saying leave guns at door and walked out. I had no business there, it was more like porkies the movie.

sw_florida

You know how drunk CIA gets...

The dumbest I heard was about a peanut butter jar. On the back it said in small print "Warning: May contain traces of peanuts"

NavyLT

Also in that same bar in Sea-Tac you will see a sign that says that they don't serve alcohol to persons under the influence of alcohol.

fat old gun nut

Signs

The craziest Florida law is that you cannot CCW into ex: Joe's Bar and Grill but it is perfectly legal to carry into Joe's Grill and Bar.:cool:

PT111

The dumbest I heard was about a peanut butter jar. On the back it said in small print "Warning: May contain traces of peanuts"

I would be willing to bet that it is on there because of a lawsuit filed by someone alergic to peanuts.

Wildalaska

well you can always just buy a bottle of tequila and guzzle it down in the parking lot while firing off rounds from your ccw in the air!

Did I ever tell you guys the story about the time I imbibed too much and the worm ended out coming out my nose.

I kid you not. Technicolour yawn and all that. Gross. I lost a girlfriend over that one.

WildandtheburnowieAlaska ™

PT111

I kid you not. Technicolour yawn and all that. Gross. I lost a girlfriend over that one.

If a little thing like that ran her off then she wasn't worth having to start with. :)

Tom2

I chugged a whole bottle of 2$ tequila once myself. Ended up walking to near home but crawling in the front door. Now I cannot even stand to smell the stuff. To make this gun related, I would not mind shooting tequila bottles though. Take that, cruel worm!

SergeantC

So I am travelling and enter one of the bars in Sea-Tac Airport in WA. Greeting me upon enterring the bar (well within the secure area) is a sign stating it is illegal to bring a firearm into the bar.

I once saw the same thing in a bar in the secure area of San Antonio International Airport.

I always wondered about it.