Dumb issue...I can't get my SP2022 magazine disassembled.

LockedBreech

I'm embarrassed to even make a thread about this. I have a SP2022 9mm magazine, just received in factory new condition, and I was trying to remove the baseplate and disassemble the magazine like I have done with dozens of pistols, and...it just doesn't work. I push the button in with a punch and the baseplate doesn't even wiggle, even with substantial force applied. What am I missing?

ka4w0g.jpg

m09ja.jpg

gc70

SP2022 baseplates certainly are tight. Put the magazine on its back on a flat surface; the tab on the back of the baseplate holds the bottom of the magazine body up a little. Press the button and then press down on the bottom of the magazine body until the baseplate begins to move.

Walt Sherrill

Glock mags can also be a pain to disassemble.

If you use a punch (or small screwdriver) to push in the button, push it in a bit farther and use it (the punch/SD) to try to push the base off of the tube. That may let you apply some extra force more easily.

As mentioned above, positioning it to overhang the edge of a table, so that the base is free to move, will let you press the tube against the table while applying pressure on the base.

Last edited:

LockedBreech

Got it. The leverage / overhang methods combined got the sucker loose. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some super simple secret technique before I really put the elbow grease in. That thing was on there

Thanks all. Mods feel free to lock/delete.

SpareMag

You have now earned the right to purchase a P226. Someday, grasshaopper, you may be permitted to obtain a P220.

agent109

A small C clamp will solve your problem. You can get a Chinese C clamp at Wal Mart for a few bucks. Works great and also on Glock mags!:D