Duckbills

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Just received the new SAR. There is now a company making duckbill chokes. The company is Great Lakes Arsenal, 60233 Northern Ave. Ray, MI 48096-3914, (810)749-9386 e-mail glainc@tir.com. They only do non-ribbed barrels. Don't know if they work on extended tubes or only standard length. The company will not put them on shotguns with reciprocating barrels either. This version is made of 01 oil hardening drill rod and fires into at least a 4:1 horizontal pattern!
I plan on getting one after hearing back from the company. Just don't know whether to put it on the Ithaca or a Mossberg. :cool:

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
A housemate of mine, back in '82, tried one on his 870. Worked pretty good with 00 Buck at 15-20 yards. Not real noticeable at 10 yards, of course...

:), Art

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Have been corresponding with the company trying to figure out what I have that will fit the bill (pun intended). The Mossberg extended mag tube is apparantly out as they need 1 3/16 inch diameter and approximately 1 1/2 inches of barrel to mount the duckbill and the Mossberg barrel lug is approximately 1/2 inch from the end of the barrel. My Benelli and Ithaca have rifle-style sights on them. Thinking either another one of my Mossbergs (one of the 5 shots) or buying another Ithaca barrel. Thinking of going with the Ithaca as it has no disconnector :cool:
Will decide after hearing back again from them.