DS Arms FAL

'88Scrat

Thinking of picking one of these up (again...). Anyone have any experience with one? I know that's a bit of a broad question but still...

Also which one is closest to original Belgian design? I think it's a 21" barreled version but couldn't say for certain.

Blue Duck

I have a metric Austrian (I think it is) and has some DSA parts on it.
It shoots great, and I also have a factory all DSA lightweight model. I think the lightweight model is the one to get because it is lighter and they are fairly heavy, but probably not any heavier then a AR10.

They are a pretty proven rifle, called the rifle of the free world at one time, except for the U.S. of course which went with the M14.

I like the sights better on the Metric versions, vs the Inch (English) versions, but others may not agree. Fal's are a pretty broad study and there are lots of variations, etc.

TrueBlue711

My FAL isn't by DS Arms, but I installed some of their parts on mine. Very happy with their parts, so I'm assuming their actual FALs are good. I love my FAL and it's almost as fun to shoot as my SCAR-17. I vote for getting an FAL if you're on the fence.

Attachments

• evolution.jpg
    evolution.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30

T. O'Heir

"...which went with the M14..." That was an entirely political decision based on the principle of NIH. The FN beat the 14 in every test except accuracy, but U.S. politicians decided they wanted an outdated American rifle.
Their SA58 FAL 21" Cold Warrior Rifle is as close as you'll get to a real FN. Inch or Metric is really important. Mix 'em like Century did and the rifle won't work right.
Just be advised that the thing is a hoary, female dog, to lug around. The CF adopted 'em the year I was born and I had 'em made about then on my MIU 30 years later.