Drop Leg Holster for New Vaquero?

AraneaeFatalis

I just recently bought a 5.5" SS New Vaquero in .357 mag and I have been searching for over a week for a good drop leg holster that wouldn't cost a lot. Everything I find is well over $200, and I just don't want to spend that.

Does anyone know where I can find something, even one that attaches to my tactical belt, that would put it down on my thigh? Preferably would like to have that hammer loop also. I'm mainly gonna be using this gun for target shooting and to take camping to use in case i come across a snake and/or animal that poses a threat.

gak

Paul Combest is one of the best and most reasonably priced. He's of Red Dog (Reddog?) Leather - No website I've seen, but usually advertises on Ebay. Has several models from Spaghetti (Eastwood--not drop leg but loop over belt) to dropleg buscaderos - that he advertises on Ebay (separate BIN auctions). I don't CAS but know that a lot of CAS'ers/SASS'ers like him and I think he advertises through those circles as well. I've got his email somewhere if you can't track him down through the above--PM me. I have not used him--almost did, but got sidetracked with another project--but plan to.

Also maybe El Paso Leather, Cochise Leather.

The New Vaquero takes the same holsters as Colt SAA and clones, should you run across something stated specific to those.

AraneaeFatalis

I liked the Triple K Cheyenne holster, though in order for it to be a 'drop loop' I'd have to get the belt. I'm wanting to find a holster I can attach to my current tactical belt and still have it drop down to around my upper/mid thigh.

Red Dog Leather has some nice ones too, though most are still over $200 and are with a belt :/

My waist size is 42, btw.

capper

Drop leg holster for new vaquero?

Try idahomike , usually found on the black powder forum. He just made me up a western rig for my 1858 rem,and did a fantastic job!! You will only be sorry, IF you don't at least talk to him.He's real quick to get back to you,and very professional.

IDAHOMIKE

Thank you for the plug capper!

In response to the thread, I'm sure I could whip something up to your liking. There are some links in my signature below, or you can contact me at mikeylikes44s@yahoo.com if you would like to chat. Hope to hear from you.

AraneaeFatalis

Awesome! I'm currently at work, but before the end of the weekend I'll send you an email. I don't want anything too fancy, my main concern was getting something that would sit as low as Mal Reynold's holster does in Firefly. And with a strap that came over like a hammer thong. I'll find some better pictures and email you some too.

Thanks!