Dressing up my Python

KyJim

I bought a new-model Colt Python a little while back and decided to dress it up even more than it already was. So, I added some Altamont grips, complete with little ponies and a carved holster from Simply Rugged. The holster color is what they call "ox-blood" and I really like it. They had estimated six weeks on their website, but it came much quicker.

I guess I can consider this a "barbecue gun and rig." The photos don't do either the grips or the holster justice.

1rvL3Sb.jpg

KtAGwpi.jpg

isqhEg2.jpg

Kreyzhorse

I have a few simply rugged holsters. Great rigs, but I never went so far as having a one carved. That sir is a great rig.

shurshot

That leather is almost too pretty to wear! Beautiful rig!!!
I always manage to scratch / scuff mine up somehow.

Philellis2710

I bought a new-model Colt Python a little while back and decided to dress it up even more than it already was. So, I added some Altamont grips, complete with little ponies and a carved holster from Simply Rugged. The holster color is what they call "ox-blood" and I really like it. They had estimated six weeks on their website, but it came much quicker.

I guess I can consider this a "barbecue gun and rig." The photos don't do either the grips or the holster justice.

1rvL3Sb.jpg

KtAGwpi.jpg

isqhEg2.jpg
Oh man, that is beautiful! The gun finish and holster work go great together. You should feel a lot of pride owning that! Good on you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KyJim

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Bob— the strap was optional and is easily removable. I’m not going to be doing acrobatics wearing the holster (or not wearing the holster). I just liked the idea of having the option for extra security if I want it. I’ll mostly wear it without

Pahoo

Appreciating you post !!!!

Dressing up a Python is akin to putting lipstick on Marilynn Monroe.
Basically agree but her dresses were icing on the cake. I am also a leather-crafter and that holster is exceptional; Yes, except for the strap and makers mark, on the front. I would have preferred a "Thong", Hammer thong :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited: