Dressed Up!

KyJim

I've had a Colt 1911 for awhile waiting for the right set of grips to put on them. I found a pair from Esmeralda and put them on today. It really dressed up the gun. It's the closest thing I have to a barbecue gun. I've posted pics in multiple messages.

Colt_Ult_Officer_Esmeralda_DSCN1276.jpg

Colt_Ult_Officer_Esmeralda_DSCN1258.jpg

deputy tom

Well Jim,that's BBQ lookin' in my book.Even without the fancy grips that pistol just ooozes class.Fire up the grill.tom.

BlueTrain

Are those grips thinner than the standard versions? I recall a couple of articles about semi-customized 1911s that had thin grips to give the grip a smaller circumferance. I have long fingers myself, so there'd be no point but it is an interesting solution to a problem I know some people have, which is why the A1 version was introduced.

KyJim

Thanks for all the compliments. Wish I could take credit for them but all I provided was the money. :)

what is the meaning of the term 'barbecue gun'?
It's basically a reference to a flashy gun you would wear to a social function like a barbecue. Something most people wouldn't carry every day.

Are those grips thinner than the standard versions? I
These are are standard thickness.

FF/EMT

Beautiful weapon, I love the 2 tone slide and frame. Very nice grips too. I would almost be afraid to shoot it!

maustypsu

I'll Take It

Darn, wrong forum. Looks great. You can bring that over to a BBQ at my house any time if you don't mind the drool.

Dragon55

Very Very nice. One thing.... I like to do is use these tiny little o-ring things under the grip screws(when there's 2 like yours) so the screw slots are parallel. Yeah I know, overkill huh?

I'm doin' ribs tomorrow... bring it by.:D