Draco

Pico

I go through this AK thing every now and then and this time it has manifested with a desire to own the Draco version. Anyone own one or are have any opinions on it? I know with the short barrel it has a foot-long plume of flame when you shoot it. I figured the sight radius on the regular AK is short anyway so why not?

Pico

Darker Loaf

It's a silly desire, but it's one that I share, too. Except I want a .223/5.56 pistol. An AK pistol would be just as cheap. Ammo wise, it's one of the best calibers to get into as the 7.62x39 is currently the cheapest centerfire rifle caliber. That means your AK pistol will get shot a lot (if you enjoy the platform). That's the best feature of a gun, really, if you shoot it a lot and enjoy it.

lowercase

I have one.

I've always liked the Draco as a cool combination of small size (relatively), ruggedness, reliability and firepower.

Mine runs great and stashes in a tennis racquet case. Oh, and BTW, they look awesome with a 75-round drum magazine. :D

Uncle Malice

Get the draco and add the 'stabilizer brace' like the Sig one for the AR style and you can have the non-NFA AK SBR. I would like to do that. As a pistol alone it's kind of unwieldy.

As for the AK sight radius, it *seems* short because of the location of the rear sight blade, but it's actually almost identical to the radius of a standard carbine length AR. The AK front sight is much further forward than the the AR is.

If you add Tech-Sights to the AK platform, you get a super long - and super accurate - iron sight setup. I had them on my Arsenal SGL21 for a bit and the gun was getting under 2 MOA consistently. The only complaint is that it makes the take-down of the AK platform slightly more cumbersome.

Yung.gunr

I actually just picked up an AK pistol in .223. It's not a Draco, but a Yugo PAP M85NP. The M85 is the .223 version and I got the M85NP that comes with a mag well conversion to take AR mags. Maybe you should check into that. I got mine at J&G Sales. Hoping to take it out this weekend. I'll have to update after.

I thought about getting the SB-47 or going the SBR route, but I think I will just put a sling on it and practice that way. The SBR would be nice, but I dont know that I want to venture into that ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS process. I thought about the SB-47 but I don't like how much longer it makes a "pistol".
I guess it's possible for me to change my mind after shooting it some.

Mine runs great and stashes in a tennis racquet case. Oh, and BTW, they look awesome with a 75-round drum magazine.

i was going to go with the draco, but went with a sig p556 instead. also looks great with the 100rnd beta mag

I actually just picked up an AK pistol in .223. It's not a Draco, but a Yugo PAP M85NP. The M85 is the .223 version and I got the M85NP that comes with a mag well conversion to take AR mags. Maybe you should check into that. I got mine at J&G Sales. Hoping to take it out this weekend. I'll have to update after.

JGSales always has such great prices on old AK's. if i ever pick one up, that's where i'll go.