Dr. Laura advocates carry

tombread

Dr. Laura Schlesinger's column Sunday will surely stir up some heated debate-- which may have been her intent. She said (and I paraphrase) that the recent shootings in Atlanta clearly demonstrated the merit of being armed. If one of the people in the office building where the intitial killings took place had a firearm, the killer would probably have been stopped. It is her conclusion we would be better off with an armed citizenry, provided licensing and training are made mandatory. She conceded that she may need to give this more thought, but her conclusion is on the side of concealed weapons. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

tombread

Coinneach:
Thanks for bringing her radio show comments to my attention. It is a good sign that her September 12th column, a month after the radio show, restates the same position. (I hope it doesn't simply mean it took the Indianapolis Star a month to publish the column....)
I don't have a problem with people of privilege advocating a CCW that others might have trouble getting (I do have a CCW, as they are readily obtained in Indiana), since that will create positive momentum for
acceptability.

Tom

------------------

BigG

Finally, a talk radio host with a following, other than the usual conservatives, with cojones.

------------------
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up... Yankee Doodle

MisterAl

This is a very good development. I always thought that she was anti-gun in a general, ignorant sort of way. Regards, Al