DPMS trigger reset sticking

ForneyRider

I have a new DPMS Panther bull 20. I think it is a basic AR trigger, not the JP upgrade.

After a trigger pull, the trigger does not return all the way.
I have to push the trigger forward for it to fire again.
Is the trigger defective? Do I just need to break it in more?
Is there some adjustment needed?

Much Thanks!

hockeysew

1- Make sure your springs are installed correctly.
2-Dykem or Sharpie the HTS group and look for unusual contact signs. Pull the upper off and cycle the trigger by hand. It should show any problem areas.
Look for any obvious binding. It is possible that the reciever holes could be slightly out of spec. If this is the case contact DPMS.
This should get you rolling in the right direction......
Let us know what you find.

ForneyRider

I pulled the upper off, I went to replace the bolt catch and noticed there was no bolt catch spring. I need to find a local place for a spring. Cheaper than Dirt is over in Fort Worth and Military supply is over there too. Maybe some place in Dallas area.

ForneyRider

I found the spring and re-assembled the bolt catch mechanism. It must have popped out when I removed the catch and catch buffer. I then test fired the lower several times. There are a lot of springs and pins in this rifle, just like my 1911.

I took the rifle to the range today to adjust sights and try my Burris on for size. I shot over 100 rounds. The trigger never stuck. Perhaps it just needed some more breaking in?

The Federal LC headstamped 55gr JHP I got is fantastic. I was shooting 1MOA with sights and itty bitty groups with my 4.5-14x42 Burris.

Trigger pull is pretty heavy compared to any other rifle I have shot. But my groups were as tight as I wanted. After getting a few shots off and seeing how it was going, I opened up and started blasting. Thank goodness for reloading!