DPMS Sportical

rickyjames

does anyone own a dpms sportical? i am thinking of getting one new for $539. i have looked on different boards and while most seem to like it there are a few detracters. youtube field tests make them seem reliable and accuratebut i am looking for personal experiences. thank you.

Hunter Customs

DPMS Sportical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone own a dpms sportical? i am thinking of getting one new for $539. i have looked on different boards and while most seem to like it there are a few detracters. youtube field tests make them seem reliable and accuratebut i am looking for personal experiences. thank you.

I have a DPMS Oracle, it's pretty much the same rifle as the Sportical.
The Oracle has forward assist the Sportical does not.

I did a trigger job on my Oracle, it shoots 1/2 inch MOA which I figure is darn good for a 16 inch light weight barrel rifle.

I love mine and would not hesitate buying another if I thought I needed it.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

XB280

I've got an Oracle and haven't a single problem with it...shoots under 1 MOA. My only complaint with it would be the stock trigger, so that got replaced right away.

Yung.gunr

My brother has a DPMS, I think it's the Oracle, that has run great. He has put a lot of rounds through it in a short period of time and it has run flawless.
If I were to buy an AR it would probably be the Sportical because I don't really have a need for the forward assist.

Like others have said the trigger is not the greatest. The trigger on my converted Saiga is much better then his Oracle.

We have not been able to really do much with accuracy because he had a Bushnell on there that he bought with the rifle that he kept trying to use. That thing was crap. I finally talked him into ditching it and getting something better. I hope to sight the new stuff in next Friday and then really see what it can do.

Big Shrek

Until you've had a problem with an AR, you don't care about forward assist...
if you live in Florida or other Sand-laden locales...Get the Forward Assist...or you'lll be Sooooooorry ;)

Justice06RR

I've never owned one, but have held a couple of them at the LGS. For the price they are hard to beat if you are looking for a starter AR.