DPMS LR308 Accuracy

shooter_john

I haven't taken my LR308 (26" fluted bull, stock trigger, Leupold 3-9x50 duplex) out in quite sometime, so I dug it out from the back of the safe this morning before leaving for the range. I saved it for last, after tinkering with my 30-06 and 308 bolt guns, and zeroing my 30-30 for hunting season, I broke out the LR and a box of Federal Gold Medal Match. I prefer 5 shot groups, but decided to shoot 3 round groups as I was almost out of time, and it took me a couple of rounds to get close to POA/POI. Once it was "close enough" I fired my groups. Needless to say I was QUITE IMPRESSED with the results, since I would never have guessed this rifle was capable of sub .25 MOA performance. Could I have held those little guys together for 5 round groups??? Maybe maybe not, but I was left with no doubt that this rifle can out shoot me anyday. Enjoy! (groups were measured outside to outside and .308 was subtracted)

LR308Groups092908.jpg

And here's the star...

DPMSLR3081.jpg

navajo

accurate

Don't own a DPMS, know nothing about them. But, one of my Armalite AR 10s put 20 rounds in a hole the size of a quarter. That was with Aussie surplus.
AR platforms can be extremely accurate.

shooter_john

Aww, come on KChen, a new rifle is a great way to help stimulate the economy!!! I got this one used/ unfired (I was told) for $800!!! When I broke it down, I had to agree that it was unfired or only fired a handful of times.

ndking1126

Shooter_John... I think you officially should be considered the king of finding really accurate guns (or builds :) ) at great prices.

Still haven't built a rifle like your Savage action -06, but haven't forgotten about it either...