Dpms complete lower or build LR 308 stripped

Fox84

I own a Dpms LR 308. I recently put a complete Aero 6.5 Creedmore upper on my lower. The Creedmore is an improvement in accuracy and I'am very happy with it.

Issue is I have a nice 308 upper sitting in a box with a nice 4X12 Vortex Scope. If I could find a stripped 308 lower, I thought of building one. Recently I have come across a complete dpms lr 308 05 Cs lower for $400. I don't think I could build one for that.

I don't know for sure that these receivers would match but I think they should. Another $300 for a BCG and Charging handle and I would be set.

Or maybe I should just sell the upper and scope. Decisions, decisions.

Any opinions appreciated

velocette

If you buy a stripped lower receiver to build, you can buy the trigger that you want for the rifle. Virtually any aftermarket trigger is better than a standard AR trigger.
The rest of the parts in a lower are common and virtually all good enough for regular use.
My personal choice in AR triggers are the Guissele offerings.
You can pick the one that suits YOUR shooting style. Not cheap at all
but there's a reason virtually all serious AR competitive shooters use Guissele triggers.

Fox84

I believe I'am going to mount scope and buy another BCG and Charging handle. I can swap lower back and forth and be happy.