Doves in the barn!

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
Maybe I won't have to go in the fields Saturday when Dove season opens down here. I just got back from the barn in my back yard and there were about 10 or 12 doves IN THE HORSE STALL cleaning up what the horses dropped from their morning feeding! I am thinking of the possibilities................rain, wind, cold, heat no problemo! Maybe I can put a TV in there too and watch the football games at the same time!:rolleyes:

stinger

I love football and I love hunting, I can't think about anything else I would like to see combined.

I'll be by about 5:30 with donuts and coffee.

Stinger :)

TBAUS

Yup, on opening day I had other committments. Stepped out on my front porch and saw nearly a hundred doves perched on the telephone wires leading to the road. With all the pop pops of shotguns going off on my neighbors properties, I guess they thought my place a safe haven. Maybe I could just open the front door and limit out without ever leaving the house. My wife may have something to say about it. Hey, maybe if I only shoot on commercials during the football game! What is the proper dip and chips for Dove hunting anyway?

Dave R

Q: What is the proper dip and chips for Dove hunting anyway?

A: Frito's "scoops" and Pace med-hot picante.

Now, you might want to consider making those Dove breasts into a pate' for the next dose of chips...

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
"I'll be by about 5:30 with donuts and coffee"

Fair enough stinger but lets just sleep late..................the first 2 days of the season (when it opens Saturday) the time is 12:00 Noon so we can sleep late..........................I'll have some boudin and cracklings.;)

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
"Q: What is the proper dip and chips for Dove hunting anyway?

A: Frito's "scoops" and Pace med-hot picante. "

Sounds good to me but lets wait till after we do the shooting and change the picante to the hot one...................that way we can sip a few cold ones to put out the fire.:D

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
That Frito-Lay Bean Dip is pretty good, too.

Just need some kid to breast out the doves and keep 'em cooking over some charcoal...

Sounds like a good start for the best time of the year.

:), Art

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
Was in Excaret Park in Playa Del Carmen, MX a few weeks back, my youngest and I go into a restuarnet ehre and order a drink so they bring the chips and salsa, OK the red one is good just a lil spice. Let me try the green it must be cooler right? Wrong! Tears dripping, snot running, mouth burning, ears steaming, flip cutting habanaro salsa. OOWWWW!

Art: Karlyne had me running to the store Monday nite for some salsa and she says............bring some bean dip too and a can/jar of the jalapena relish. I figured she was gonna whip something up with that relish..................wrong. She just used it straight as a dip. I tried it.............ok not hot at all................she says after that habanaro salsa in Playa Del Carmen nothing will ever be hot to you again :eek: !

Ben raining here for 3 days now ......hope it don't drive the doves away before Saturday.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I have a buddy who slobbers about a half a bottle of that New Iberia hot sauce on his scrambled eggs. I allus figgered he'd got his taste buds shot off in the war...

:D, Art