Doublebarrel and sling?

TCman

On my O/U the forearm just simply pulls off, and I belive most disassemble this way, but not sure. Anyway, can a sling be attached to the forearm with a swivel, or should I just go without?

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
For treks requiring long hikes or hands free travel to tackle terrain challenges, I would buy a cheap pump gun. a sling on an O/U would be like a 16X50 Swarovski scope on a Red Ryder BB gun. But that is just me.
Brent

bswiv

While I agree with HD on the pump gun for general use I will admit that I have a couple of old European doubles that almost never leave the safe and they have slings.

The Europeans have used them forever. Typical arrangement is that the front swivel is attached to the bottom rib between the barrels. Usually two small screws and a plate but sometimes soldered.

And I'll admit too that I really like the sling on my old Mossberg.

oneounceload

They make barrel band swivel slings for that situation; and no, most forearms do NOT just pull off. Most have either a latch or the A&D push button feature for removing them

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Various vendors have slings that just loop around the wrist of the stock and the barrels. No studs or modification to the shotgun.

They work.....

TCman

The gun is a O/U .22/.410. I use it for squirrel hunting. That is why I would like to put a sling on it. The loop might possibly work since I do not have to look down a rib, it has rifle sights.

Try Uncle Mike's
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/pr...IKE'S&model=UNCLE+MIKE'S+NYLON+SHOTGUN+SLINGS

287676_d.jpg