Double sling/harness for rifles?

Famas

Hello - watching the Winter Olympics and seeing the skiers do their race plus shooting, I took notice of the harness they had for their rifles on their backs allowing the rifle to sit up in the middle of their backs while keeping hands free.

Is there something similar for hunters who go on long range foot treks in the wilderness?
Thanks.

ocharry

Browning used to make a sling like that....not sure if they still do but it splits in the middle and the rifle can ride in the middle of your back

I have had the one i have for a long time, it works great for a heavier rifle or any rifle I guess when you need both hands free

Like I said not sure if they still offer it

Ocharry

ocharry

so i went to google and typed in, Double shoulder Gun Sling.....seems there are a few of them out there ranging from $25 and UP...lol

just thought i would check it out, so there ya go.....a place to start

ocharry

ocharry

and i just went to the browning web page for slings....what do ya know they still have this sling .. $36.99 i think it was

All Season Web Sling on the browning web sight

ocharry

chadio

For reference, I bought a couple of two - point quick adjust slings in recent months:

Ferro Concepts Slingster

T-Rex 2- point

Both made in USA, both around $60 each. If you factor in twice the material, additional glides, etc. I could see the biathlon style costing $150 or so... The $200 seems a bit steep, however if it serves the purpose better than anything and allows comfortable rifle carry, I'd just buy it. Looks comfy and looks like one could carry a rifle all day with no fuss.

Adventurer 2

If I remember correctly - when I went to the Army’s mountain warfare school - we just ran a second Army nylon sling on the rifle. Super cheap slings 1 “ nylon strap w 2 sliding metal buckles at either end. Let you sling your M16 without it flopping around while you climbed.

JustJake

If the type of hunting you do entails a ton of hiking and climbing (mountain goats?), then this type of sling makes sense.

For your average Midwest Fudd, who hunts his annual deer from a ground blind or tree stand, it make no sense.