Door Stop!

Richard

For a number of years I have mentioned a Colt Police Positive I own named the "Door Stop." People thought I called it this as it would stop people from coming in my door. Wrong! I called this gun that name as it looked like one of those cast iron irons people use to keep the door open. I have finally figured out how to attach a photo and you can all view this beauty. When you are done laughing remember this is one accurate pistol. Regards, Richard

Attachments

• door stop.jpg
    door stop.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 283

James K

Member In Memoriam
Some years ago a Colt salesman came into the shop where I was working and began talking to the other clerk, an ardent S&W fan. After pointing out all the (in his opinion) advantages of the Colt, the clerk told him he sold Colts but did not like them himself. "Oh, come now", said the salesman, "don't you own any Colts?" "Yes," answered the clerk, "I own one Colt." "Oh", said the salesman smiling, "and what do you use it for". "A doorstop", replied the clerk.

And it was the absolute truth. I had been to his house and he used a Colt 1917 for a doorstop on a door that wouldn't stay open without it. Today, I suspect he would not use a mint Colt 1917 for a doorstop, but back then...

Jim

Richard

VictorLouis, it is a matte blue done by Frank Paris before his demise. Frank ran a repair shop in his basement, was the armorer for the Detroit Police Shooting Team, and was one fine smith and person. I bought this Columbian police pistol with the intent of converting it to a 32 Magnum. I shot it once and knew it was too good of shooter for that. I then took the revolver to a nationally known gunsmith, he checked the cylinder, found play, said it is shot out, and to find a good pistol. He didn't know what he was talking about as Colt revolvers lock up upon firing not when the hammer is all the way back like S&Ws. You live and learn. Regards, Richard