Don't know if right forum but starting the wet clean brass idea

gunnny12

So used the 20% off coupon at HF, got the double tumbler deal, and ordered 5 lbs of SS pins from a place in Texas for $32.00 delivered priority mail , not here yet, but will get some lime shine and dawn and see where we can go to now.
Hope maybe to blind the other shooters at the range so I can be the best out there. ;)
I do have a regular tumbler a Lyman also.
But for $260.00 plus on that Tumbler's tumbler not going to happen.:eek:

Jeff

gunnny12

Some pics just learning this method, and I see the HF deal will need some mods to it, but over all clean stuff so far.
Eye Candy stuff. LOL

IMG_4937_zpsas1hzvbs.jpg

IMG_4934_zpstecjlelo.jpg

IMG_4939_zpslqitbgq6.jpg

IMG_4938_zpsksfk39et.jpg

most people are chatting about wet tumbling in the reloading section... I've personally been doing it for a couple years, & use Dawn dish soap & granular citric acid... think some guys have started using car wash / wax instead of the Dawn... if you do a search in that section, you'll find quite a few threads...

brasscollector

I have been wet tumbling for a couple years now, great results. I have never taken an ugly green case and had it shine like a diamond like they show in the ads. It was clean enough, however, that I ran them through my dies and made ammunition out of them. I use a Thumlers model B, SS pins, about 10-12 drips of dawn and a dime size pile of powdered citric acid (the less the better). I run them for 30-45 minutes per cycle. Any longer and it seems you're just letting the SS pins beat up the brass. I bought a used food dehydrator to dry them so water spots do not form and then let them sit for a couple days afterward. At first I ran all my brass through, every time. Now I only clean rifle brass before it goes through my FL dies, for neck sizing I just buff them in a rag and reload.

ADIDAS69

wet recipe

I do a wet tumble using Simple Green and a little jet dry. I avoid any kind of acids that could damage the casings. The jet dry helps break the surface tension and allows for better rinsing so there is no water in the casings when they go in the oven for a couple hours at 190 degrees Fahrenheit then dry tumbled in a 75% corn cob 20% walnut 5% 1000 grit glass bead and the Fitz shell casing polish for about an hour. Casings come out ridiculously beautiful. The wet tumble whatever the recipe is vital if not for cleaning but for sequestering any lead dust and other unwanted contaminants from infecting the dry media dust.