Don't feed the bears...

NINE

Nine vs Bear

:)

It attempted to enter the vehicle. :eek: HA! I'm the first one with actual hand to paw combat footage! and... he was probably 250lbs heavier than he looks on film. Damn foreign cameras! :D

ps. Note my war like cry of "gah!" as I roll up the window to stop his vicious attack.

NINE

This was approx 170km's north of Norway House MB. There are a lot of construction and truck drivers through there, and it's the only road in/out of the area. SOOO, if there is any bear feeding to be done, it will be on this road and the bears know it. This pair here was waiting on the side of the road, eyeballing traffic for a snack.

Long Path

Let's see: approaching contact distance with a baby bear in the presence of a big mama bear.

Because that glass will stop a mama bear.

Because you're faster reacting than an angry mama bear can act.

You know, the title has new meaning if you really think about it.

Not good judgement there, NINE. :rolleyes:

NINE

Like most horror stories, this one would have started with; "It seemed like a good idea at the time." :D Actually, I wasn't feeding the bears, I was stopping to take a picture. I picked the title because that is what I said to the lil lady after processing "what could have been." Unfortunately, buddy boy there will probably be as bold as he is now, when he actually IS 250lbs. :eek:

spacemanspiff

you know sometimes i forget that the bears outside alaska just aren't the same as inside.

'round these parts a 250 lb bear (even a black bear) is still considered a 'cub'.

:D