Does your "heater" make you cold?

Laker

It's been a pretty cold winter so far, and I work outdoors. My gun carried iwb starts to feel like an ice pack on my hip before long. I'm used to it and being cold comes with my territory. Whats your experience?

Laker

We had a period of close to two weeks here in Ohio that never got out of single digit temps with wind chills well below zero. What was your coldest time like in Texas. Last time I was there ( September) it was hot as hell.

Keltyke

There should be something between the gun and bare (acidic) skin. Either the leather of the holster or an undershirt.

ZeSpectre

Same as others here. Leather holster with a top panel that keeps me apart from the gun.

If I'm going to (rarely) open carry then it's in a fobus holster and I'm usually wearing 1-2 layers of clothes between me and the firearm.

Laker

I wear long johns next to the skin, and depending on the temp several layers on top of that. Still gets cold at negative degree's.

hoytinak

It don't get that cold round here. :D

I use leather IWB (Milt Sparks VMII) and I've never noticed it get cold. I put it on inside while getting dressed so it's never really exposed to the elements....other than my sweat. :eek:

Kreyzhorse

I've never noticed mine getting cold. Hell, I usually carry OWB and I'm always amazed how warm the gun is when I take it off at the end of the day.

Creature

How about adding a layer of felt (available at any crafts store) to the in-side of your holster?

Get a can of spray adhesive and a pair of scissors...wouldn't be very hard to do.