Does Uncle Mike's make Smith square butt combat grips?

stevieboy

I have a set of Uncle Mike's combat grips on my round butt 686SSR which I love. It's as if they were made for my hand. I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to get them for all of my Smith revolvers, which include several K-frame square butts. I checked the Smith website and found nothing there. I also googled "Uncle Mike's", also nada. I'm wondering if they even make 'em and, if so, where I could find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Dfariswheel

Uncle Mike's was unable to come to a new licensing agreement with the grip designer, so they stopped making them.

Watch Ebay and the gun auction sites.
S&W "may" have some old stock still available, email them.

JollyRoger

Several years ago I got 3 sets of Uncle Mike's boot grips for S&W K-frame square butts. Perfect fit for me, so naturally when I went looking for them for additional revolvers they were nowhere to be found.:mad: One day I was looking at Butler Creek grips, and found their boot grip to be identical to the Uncle Mike's. Can't tell the difference side by side. I just assumed Uncle Mike's spun off a subsidiary, but I guess that was wrong. Nevertheless, you might check out Butler Creek grips.

stevieboy

Someone on the Smith forum also suggested Butler Creek grips to me. I checked them out on line and no one seems to be offering Butler Creek revolver grips, leading me to believe that they, too, have been phased out. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes out for old Uncle Mike's or Butler Creeks on Gunbroker and at the shows. I have a desk drawer full of various wooden grips and I have Hogue rubber monogrips on a couple of my bigger revolvers. The Hogues are ok but they just don't fit my hand as well as do those Uncle Mike's! In fact, nothing does, darn it. :(

Laz

Isn't Butler Creek simply Uncle Mike's under another name. One of them owns the other, or some such, I believe. Their version of Spegel grips were very nice, my favorite rubber grips, in fact. Too bad. Hope someone makes them again sometime.

saemetric

I have a NOS set of Unlce Mikes boot grips for a square butt K/L frame S&W right in front of me now. The UM part no. is 59011 and are NLA new.