Does this make her a gun nut?

rangermonroe

In 2 weeks give or take...I'll be a daddy again.

We havn't discovered the sex of the child yet...so were picking out two sets of names.

I came home from work and out of the blue am asked "What do you think of the name *kimber* for a girl?

I grinned as I thought of that joke in the "gun nut " post, and then thought, maybe I don't want to give my daughter such a sexy name :rolleyes: .

Well I didn't say anything other than "thats a pretty name and I kinda like it"

To which she repilied " I saw it on the back of your guns and ammo mag in the bathroom and I thought it was quite pretty. Those are nice guns, right?"

I am constantly reminded that I married the right girl for me. TYL. :D

but I still have to come up with a boy name:

rangermonroe Junior, and Jacob Paul are already taken.

Any thoughts...other than "colty"

gb_in_ga

It may be more merciful for her to modify "Kimber" to "Kimberly", a more traditional female name.

How 'bout "Samuel Colt Monroe"? Then you could nickname him "Colty".

USP45usp

Actually, I knew this old guy when I was younger with the name Colt. He was a hoot to boot and had letters that he sent in as jokes to the Colt company that they replied to about he wanted a cut in the profits because his name was Colt also.

They knew that it was a joke and sent back some really funny replies.

How about:

Remington (Remi for short). That is a "fancy sounding" name.

Bushmaster would either bring jokes or envy depending on how the other boys look at the name :D.

Rugar? Sounds kinda cool but I wouldn't use it.

Henry (for the Henry rifles)? But I don't think that anyone would make the connection.

Baretta? Some may or may not make the connection. I always think of the TV show though since ol' Robert was just in the news.

*man, where are my manners*

And Congradulations!

Wayne

Last edited:

Dave R

I've always liked "John Moses" (as in JM Browning.)

Hmmmm, there was that "Remington" Steele guy on TV.

My daughter hangs with a guy named Colton.

Bullrock

Please don't call him Taurus, Beret, Ruger, Arcus, Derringer, Bersa, Glock, Llama, Kahr, Mauser, Magnum, Sig, or Sue. :eek:

How bout Tommy, as in Gun? :rolleyes:

payne

Suprised no ones said Koch (H&K ya know). Yeah, He'd get made fun of for sure on that one :p

And I know a kid named Colt. He's like 16yrs old.

Trip20

Colt!

Colt is a killer name for a boy.

I'm going to copulate this evening, just so I can name my boy Colt.

Trip20

OK - it's not lookin' good fellas. She's working on school work and already complaining about a "headache"...

I'll keep you posted.

I won't let Colt down.

rangermonroe

trip

Tell her that she is the prettiest thing since Mr. Sig introduced himself to Mister Sauer. Woo's a lady's heart like mr. sinatra wishes he could.

Trip20

rangermonroe said:
Tell her that she is the prettiest thing since Mr. Sig introduced himself to Mister Sauer. Woo's a lady's heart like mr. sinatra wishes he could.
I owe ya one buddy. Colt's middle name is going to be RangerMonroe. You earned it.

Bog said:
I always thought "Felony" was a lovely girl's name...
OK but what would you call her when she turns 18?

D-Ric902

How about "Jennings"
*ducking and running*
but really congrats, and I do like Colt. Wasn't the main character on "The Fall Guy" named Colt?

Dave Haven

How about Peter Paul (as in Mauser)?
Or Samuel (as in Colt)?
Or Oliver (as in Winchester)?
Or Eliphalet (as in Remington)? just kidding :)
Or Karl or Fritz (as in Walther)?
Or John (as in Thompson, Browning, or Garand)?