Does this burn your chaps like it does mine?

Tokamak

One of our local TV stations was giving tips on how to prevent crime.

I am thinking - carry a gun is a good idea.

To my surprise, at the following website:

Pittsburgh News Channel

"8. Don't carry a weapon. You lose, whether you use it or it's used on you."

There is no mention made of legal carry. They claim that the gun may be used on you - right. That claim always aggravates me.

Does that list seem just the tinsiest bit biased?

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Look at the bottom of the page and consider the source. :rolleyes: You'll see the term, "gun violence" a lot on that site.

Buncha feel-good nonsense for the most part. They *****foot around Situational Awareness and don't say anything about having the ability to defend yourself, with firearms or any other tool.

VaughnT

They always say that you lose even if you use the pistol/knife, but they never consider the alternative. I realize legal business isn't cheap, and you could end up in jail if you live in a non-permissive environment, but is that better than living with the memory of a rape? A hard mugging? A disfiguring knife slash or three?

What if drawing a pistol or knife, demonstrating that you're willing to resist, causes the antagonist to tuck tail and run? Nobody is hurt, nobody is in big legal trouble.

Tokamak

I missed that source.

Look at the bottom of the page and consider the source. You'll see the term, "gun violence" a lot on that site.

Buncha feel-good nonsense for the most part. They *****foot around Situational Awareness and don't say anything about having the ability to defend yourself, with firearms or any other tool.

I missed the source of that advice, thanks.

I think that site is tilted towards children - McGruff the crime dog is not for adults. For children carrying a weapon is a very bad idea indeed - they can not legally carry until 21. However, the news agency did not skip a beat in posting that concept as if it was for adults. Sounds like an anti in the news room to me.