Does the Taurus 651 Total Ti Protector exist?

Onslaught

After annoying you good folks many times about a pocket .357 Magnum, I had decided that the Taurus Total Titanium 651 Protector would be the way to go. It's light, but not TOO light (17oz for the .38 only version, the only one I can find specs for) for those nasty .357 magnum rounds, and the barrel is ported.

The only reason I know it exists is that there is a model number on the Taurus website... but it's not pictured or listed anywhere, just sortuvan afterthought at the bottom.

My FFL dealer can't seem to find a distributor who has ever had one, and although Gunfinder.net lists the model number (651SH2C) and price ($430), they don't seem to actually have any in stock either.

Is this a future model that Taurus is advertising early, or a very popular model that's just hard to find? If they're already out, who has 'em?

Thanks.

Eric Larsen

I cant confirm nor deny :D that it exists. Taurus is famous for marketing an occasional gun for decades before they release it.

The Protector was shown at the Shot show in the early spring and I dont think the Stainless version is actually out yet..let alone the Ti version.

17 oz is about perfect for a 357..pocketable yet wont send you to the ER wondering if you have broken/dislodged metacarples :rolleyes:

The price listed on gunfinder IMO, doesnt sound right. The Ti guns from Taurus arent expensive but they arent that cheap either and gunfinder uses retail or close to it for $.

Call Taurus.....usually the CS people are nice. You will HOLD PLEASE for a while.....

Good luck in your quest. Im gonna play with my SP tonight.....
I love snubs. Shoot well

MilesTeg

You mean a picture of this??? Oops that's the SS version - nevermind.

651SS2.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/m651.html

Doug S

The current Taurus catalog has a picture of the Protector Total Ti. My local dealer quoted me a price of $425 and his price is always the cheapest of any of the shops in my area. Do a search and you find a number of responses to my post concerning the reliability of the Taurus Titanium handguns. The taurus website has a picture of the Protector Ultralite Titanium.

DDGator

I called Taurus several months ago and they were projecting availability in November.

Interestingly, the gun has been pictured in the catalog for about a year now.