Does the Glock 21 toss the cases in your face?

JohnKSa

Administrator
When Glocks throw the cases straight back, there are three likely causes. Listed in no particular order.

1. Recoil spring is too heavy. This was a problem when they first started trying to put the double recoil springs on all the guns for commonality. The 9mm guns eventually needed a lighter spring. I don't recall hearing about this being a problem with the larger caliber guns.

2. Weak/improper grip. This can happen with nearly any autopistol if the shooter isn't getting behind the grip enough, but it's more likely the lighter the gun is and the heavier the caliber.

3. Problems with the extractor. If the extractor isn't holding onto the empty properly, ejection can be erratic, with some cases going straight back.

jr24

My 21 will occasionally toss one back if I use weak 185 grain ammo. Proper 230 grain? No issues.

JDBerg

Never happened shooting steel, aluminum, or brass cased ammo through my Gen4 21. My Gen3 17 & 19 will occasionally throw steel & aluminum cases back at me, brass cases not so much. But this is no big deal.

vkeith

The gen 2 G21 I've owned for 21 years has never ejected cases any where near me. They all go out around 3 or 4 o'clock and 4-7' away from me.

Lavan

I ended up keeping my S70 Colt. :)

along with its Gold Cup mate.

My squib loads for the GC land just to the right and on the bench.
The govt tosses over my shoulder.

Lima Oscar 7

I would definitely keep the Colt 70 Series. Saving for a Glock 21 might be a good option. IMHO, they are a unique .45ACP experience. Granted, a Glock is a mass produced product but the accuracy and relatively soft recoil surprises many, myself included.

mr bolo

when my G21 SF was new the first time I test fired it, brass would hit me in the head / face

after firing 100 rounds it ejected normally to the side , the new recoil spring just needed a little break in, now it ejects fine

I thought something was wrong, but it never happened again

Lima Oscar 7

I haven’t seen it either. My Glock 21 is my mountain, woods, rural area conceal carry handgun. I only shoot and carry 230 grain ball ammo. Yes I know it is mediocre at best but that is my program with the Glock 21.

Kreyzhorse

Every now and again my Glock 30 will throw a case straight backwards. Otherwise they all pretty much eject into the same area.

railroader

I had a gen 3 glock 30 not the 21. With full power loads it sent a few straight back now and then. With lighter hand loads for my 1911s my glock 30 sent them straight back a lot. I sold the gun when I couldn't figure out how to fix it.