Does the Colt Python Appeal to You? (poll)

Does the Colt Python appeal to you?

• Yes

Votes: 109 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pahoo

They will put a smile on your face !!!

If you are into revolvers and in my book, they are the best. Cosmetics is important but where these shine, is performance. They have the smoothest trigger, out of the box. I guess that is why they are so pricey. These and the Diamond-back series are just that good. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Jim Watson

I've got two.
One goes back to the 1970s when a Colt Custom Shop or Major Big Name Gunsmith action job was the best available.
The other was a trade largely out of nostalgia, with serious action job done soon after acquisition.

I would not bother with a stock Python. I don't even LIKE the stacking factory DA trigger, no matter how the Internet Afficianados rave.

One of these days, somebody will come along and offer me a stupid price for mine and I will shoot Smiths.

Winchester_73

A better question would have been:

"Do you think the Python lives up to the hype"

In a way it appeals to me, but not for it being the "best" like people say but more for its demand in the market, its value, and a lil nostalgia of how things used to be. I will buy them because of how the majority of people will pay stupid money for them. As they say, when in Rome...

darrentxs

Hi Win 73. I respectfully disagree. I wanted absolutley no bias in my question and I detect a slight negative bias in yours. I didn't add a beautiful picture or place any criteria. I'm just curious to see how the votes will go on the appeal question. : )

Netto

Colt Python

One sentence that defines the Colt Python is for me:

"Simply the best you can get!"

Hugs from Brazil to the Colt guys of America.

Netto

boa2

The Colt Python is the best in terms of being quality built and exhibits jewel like beauty-plus it's action required hand fitting from the days gone by! For me, I consider buying Pythons for the purpose of collecting them. So, I vote Yes!:)

Kermit

I was on a quest for one for a long time and had pretty much given up on having one - bought one of circa 1969 vintage -- this thing is what legends are made of :cool:

newfrontier45

Negative. Not because I think they cost too much, or because I don't like their looks or anything like that. They just don't appeal to me. I don't care for the .357 at all and much prefer big bores. I don't "get it" but don't begrudge those who do.......much. ;)

Winchester_73

Hi Win 73. I respectfully disagree. I wanted absolutley no bias in my question and I detect a slight negative bias in yours. I didn't add a beautiful picture or place any criteria. I'm just curious to see how the votes will go on the appeal question. : )

Point taken. I didn't think of it that way. My suggestion was a worse question due to the bias, but I think asking if the Python appeals to someone is too vague a question. Even I could have answered yes because it appeals to me as an investment if I could get one for the right money. However, it doesn't appeal to me for the common reasons that people like them.

black mamba

I voted "yes" because they are a beautiful piece of workmanship, with great actions and trigger pulls. But I just can't shoot their grips well.

I've shot a few and handled quite a few, but I don't think I would buy one.