does ruger have internal locking sysytems..........

bishop1198

The Lock is on the new .45,the mark III and the new 22/45.Its also on the new single action revolvers.I dont think its on the Alaskan yet.At least Ruger hid the lock under the grip panel and not in plain sight like the smith.Rugers revolver lock doesn't have anything to do with the action either.It just stops the main spring from being compressed.

Pezo

I think ruger did the smartest with their lock system. still ashame they even had to have a lock system in the first place. Still a useless sh... idea to put these on handguns to begin with. :mad:

smince

At least Ruger hid the lock under the grip panel

On the revolvers. It is under the safety lever on the 345 and it is in plain sight on the MKIII. It is the hole under the safety.

seeker_two

The Ruger system is the best of them all. On the autos, it just locks the safety down & keeps it engaged. If you don't have the safety on, it can't lock it down.

On the New Vaqueros & the 50th Anniversary Blackhawk, it just acts as the anchor for the mainspring & keeps it from compressing when the lock is activated. With its location (in the gripframe underneath the grips), it can't be engaged unless you take off the grips or drill a hole in them. Also, I think at least two aftermarket manufacturers have made "replacement mainspring anchors" that do not have the lock.

However, I STILL DON'T LIKE INTERNAL LOCKS. And I hope Ruger keeps them off the rest of their guns.

Another reason to buy USED guns... :D