Does it get any better than this?

Any Cal!

Sort of a newbie here. Was Any Cal., was Roundabout, but keep having problems with my membership. Anyhow, I traded in two very good revolvers for another gun, and that for others, and that... You get the idea. I want one gun for hunting, plinking, target, etc. I reload and enjoy loading pistol ammo. Hope to later add a .22 pistol in similiar style. Game will include elk. I want a Super BlackHawk in .44 with the stainless finish. That was one of the guns I traded off. I figure it has power, accuracy, character, and reliability. Question is, is there a better route? I have considered the .45 colt, but like the larger gripframe of the SBH. Does anyone make a grip frame conversion? Any other guns I could get used that would give more utility? .41 mag is min. cal.
Or some way to get a Casull with a lighter frame like the SBH? T/C pistols are also an option. What do you think?

Jim March

Ruger "New Model" parts can be easily swapped around. The SBH grip frame and hammer can be transferred. See also:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80872

One gun to consider is the Super Blackhawk "Hunter" model, now back in production. Features:

* Grip frame is SBH sized, but has a ROUNDED trigger guard instead of that squareback "Dragoon" monstrosity that whacks people's knuckles. This is definately the best SBH-sized grip frame available, and it's not yet available as a separate retrofit part.

* Barrel is an extra-heavy 7" with integral scope ring mounts and rings included.

* Caliber is .44Mag.

While the .45LC has a theoretical edge over the .44Mag, in reality the ol' Maggie ain't no slouch. And having a gunsmith convert this baby to .45LC down the road isn't all that expensive a proposition.

See also:

http://www.gunblast.com/SBHunter.htm

Any Cal!

Thanks!

I still haven't ordered a Brownell's, so I didn't know I could get just the SBH grip seperate. But all that talk about two tone guns and 357 ejector rods and housing opens up a whole new can of worms.:D Just think, a stainless .45 colt with nice grips and a long black ejector rod housing as well as the SBH grip!!! Like a Kimber on steroids! Thanks for the good info.